“Really Bad Sushi”

Healthy Japan Sushi and Teriyaki
Ranked #67 of 105 Restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is probably the worst sushi I've ever had and this place only survives because there is such a lack of options in the area.

Pros: Lots of parking.

Cons: The sushi. There's nothing healthy about it. Their prices are average, but the sushi is below-average. They have teriyaki rolls, fried and chicken rolls, no real (fresh fish) options. I ordered the spicy tuna and it was heavy on rice and very light on tuna. I also ordered the rainbow roll and it was a hair in it. I returned it and they offered to make me another. I asked for my money back and it was a big deal to be reimbursed.

There are newer reviews for Healthy Japan Sushi and Teriyaki

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Never had a bad shrimp tempura roll until I ate there. The pot stickers were descent. Prices were descent.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Love going during lunch! Quality food in a small amount of time. Definitely recommended the angelhair roll. Mmmmm

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Even though I am logged into the Tulare CA site, I am writing about both the sites in Visalia. The site on Akers and the new site on Mooney Blvd. I love this place, especially the one on Mooney close to COS. The only downside is it's closed on Sundays, but we can always go to the one on Akers. Tried a couple of new rolls this weekend, they were great. Can't wait to go back and try some more. If you like sushi, it's worth your while to check it out in a relaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank Hugaboo
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Sushi rolls were huge but a little lacking in flavor and craftsmanship. Average overall but the only sushi place in the area.