“Nicer than expected But a little smelly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare

Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
California
“Nicer than expected But a little smelly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I checked in late for a one night stay dragging my suitcase and pushing a sleeping toddler in a stroller. There were people in the lobby area watching tv and chatting which was nice when arriving late to see other people up. The check in went nice and smooth. I opened my door and the room was so nice but it had a really funky smell almost like bad deodorant and smoke. If It wasn't so late then I would had asked for a different room. I wouldn't stay another night without switching rooms. I would stay here again as long as I would be promised a better smelling room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tululahh
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel! We strive to take care of any guest needs as soon as possible, so even the dreaded task of switching rooms late at night can be made as easy as possible to get you fully rested for your day ahead! Please do not ever hestitate to call our staff, as we want to make sure you get the best stay possible!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tracy, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

After encountering the nightmarish experience at another hotel in the area, I Googled hotels closest to it with vacancies, and miracously, this "jewel" had availability! I could not believe the understanding and hospitality that was shown to my family by the front desk staff was beyond compare, especially the older woman of the two (shame on me for not getting her name!) even though we needed two beds, she made sure we had extra linens to create a makeshift sleeping bag. We were greeted by her smile the following morning as well (16 hour shift?). Delicious hot breakfast in the morning, and and lounge area to relax and watch TV makes this hotel the BEST HOTEL IN TOWN!!! The ONLY negative is that our room door (205) really had to be slammed hard to close/lock, but in fairness, it wasn't even an issue I bothered reporting to the staff. If I'm ever in the area again, this would be my first choice!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank LAnce C
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel! Our goal here is to make sure that everyone has a stay that excels their expectations - I am so glad that we were able to assist you during your weekend here in Tulare! We hope to see you back soon!
Arvin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Breakfast was adequate (standard breakfast with eggs, waffles and sausage) and the room was big. They checked me in @ 9:00 am on the day of my reservation. I had a corner room. The bed was hard but otherwise I had a good experience. I made a bid on priceline and received an amazing deal for a Friday Night. Overall, I would stay here (not at full price). Location is great and the pool was nice.

Room Tip: Priceline deal but the bed is hard (at least room 234)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I wanted so much to like this hotel. Lobby is nice, business center is decent, decor is soothing, shower is great, free breakfast is decent, staff is so nice... but the room smelled like mildew and the bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I changed rooms, there was obviously deodorizer in the new room to cover the mildewy smell - come morning, the deodorizer had worn off and it smelled the same as my first room. So unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel.

On a side note, a couple things just seemed kind of odd about the place: I found qtips, cotton balls, and a nail file in the bathroom "vanity kit" but no hand/body lotion. And, you had to really hunt to find the set of blackout drapes tucked in there - I didn't see them until the morning, when it was too late.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Palo Alto, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel was brand new. I looked it up on Google Maps and the satellite photo showed a construction site. We had a dual-Queen room that was enormous. The walk from the beds to the bathroom provided enough exercise that you didn’t need to use the small gym on the ground floor. In addition to the two queens, there was a sofabed so you could sleep a good-sized family in there. There were two large flat screen TV’s – one in the sleeping area and one in the “living room.” The rooms were separated by a divider/closet but no door. All the furniture was new. The bathroom was medium-sized, not cramped at all. We were on the third floor and the unsecured hotel wireless was useless. It took forever to download anything. I gave up trying to access Yahoo mail because it took too long to download just the login page. We were on the front of the hotel facing away from the freeway so it was very quiet. Rates here were really cheap, and even cheaper with an AAA discount, so this was a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for positive feedback on our hotel! I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with our internet speed, however we are currently in the process of upgraded our wireless system. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and again, appreciate your feedback as it helps to keep us up to Marriott standards.

Cheers!

Stephanie Bombardieri
Front Office Manager
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed in the Fairfield Inn located off the 99 in CA. in Kingsburg, CA and it was very nice. However, the Fairfield Inn located in Tulare, CA off Hwy 99 was not up to par. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room: lights in room all overly bright, temp control not working properly, drapes do not close over window so parking lot lights are shining in windw all night, mascara on comforter from previous occupant (noticed too late to change). Difficult to manuver luggage cart into hall with elevator. Shower okay with massage showerhead. Location near freeway as are most convenient hotels. Ask to be on quiet side. Room was clean and bed comfy enough, but with so many other choices within a couple miles, why would I stay here again?

Room Tip: ask for quiet side of building, don't believe temp control
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It is rare today to find a property that treats it's guests so well.
Tulare has so many hotels and motels within a few miles and we have stayed at numerous ones.
What we like about this one is the personal service, good quality breakfast and if we required
something they were their to assist.
A good choice for a stop over when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
Charter Inn & Suites
Charter Inn & Suites
#5 of 13 in Tulare
4.5 of 5 stars 186 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare? Share your experiences!