“Great value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Breakfast was adequate (standard breakfast with eggs, waffles and sausage) and the room was big. They checked me in @ 9:00 am on the day of my reservation. I had a corner room. The bed was hard but otherwise I had a good experience. I made a bid on priceline and received an amazing deal for a Friday Night. Overall, I would stay here (not at full price). Location is great and the pool was nice.

Room Tip: Priceline deal but the bed is hard (at least room 234)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I wanted so much to like this hotel. Lobby is nice, business center is decent, decor is soothing, shower is great, free breakfast is decent, staff is so nice... but the room smelled like mildew and the bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I changed rooms, there was obviously deodorizer in the new room to cover the mildewy smell - come morning, the deodorizer had worn off and it smelled the same as my first room. So unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel.

On a side note, a couple things just seemed kind of odd about the place: I found qtips, cotton balls, and a nail file in the bathroom "vanity kit" but no hand/body lotion. And, you had to really hunt to find the set of blackout drapes tucked in there - I didn't see them until the morning, when it was too late.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel was brand new. I looked it up on Google Maps and the satellite photo showed a construction site. We had a dual-Queen room that was enormous. The walk from the beds to the bathroom provided enough exercise that you didn’t need to use the small gym on the ground floor. In addition to the two queens, there was a sofabed so you could sleep a good-sized family in there. There were two large flat screen TV’s – one in the sleeping area and one in the “living room.” The rooms were separated by a divider/closet but no door. All the furniture was new. The bathroom was medium-sized, not cramped at all. We were on the third floor and the unsecured hotel wireless was useless. It took forever to download anything. I gave up trying to access Yahoo mail because it took too long to download just the login page. We were on the front of the hotel facing away from the freeway so it was very quiet. Rates here were really cheap, and even cheaper with an AAA discount, so this was a good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for positive feedback on our hotel! I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with our internet speed, however we are currently in the process of upgraded our wireless system. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and again, appreciate your feedback as it helps to keep us up to Marriott standards.

Cheers!

Stephanie Bombardieri
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed in the Fairfield Inn located off the 99 in CA. in Kingsburg, CA and it was very nice. However, the Fairfield Inn located in Tulare, CA off Hwy 99 was not up to par. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room: lights in room all overly bright, temp control not working properly, drapes do not close over window so parking lot lights are shining in windw all night, mascara on comforter from previous occupant (noticed too late to change). Difficult to manuver luggage cart into hall with elevator. Shower okay with massage showerhead. Location near freeway as are most convenient hotels. Ask to be on quiet side. Room was clean and bed comfy enough, but with so many other choices within a couple miles, why would I stay here again?

Room Tip: ask for quiet side of building, don't believe temp control
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It is rare today to find a property that treats it's guests so well.
Tulare has so many hotels and motels within a few miles and we have stayed at numerous ones.
What we like about this one is the personal service, good quality breakfast and if we required
something they were their to assist.
A good choice for a stop over when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business-related travel. The hotel is okay and staff is friendly overall, but I would not stay here again. All the rooms have a musty, chemical-type smell. We switched rooms thinking it was just the first one they gave us, but had the same experience with the second room. I can't say the staff was really happy with our request to change rooms.

The location is okay and parking is not a problem. The lobby looks better than the actual rooms. The continental breakfast is just okay.

I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here just one night on our trip back from Arizona. We arrived just after dark, but the hotel was easy to find. Check in was very smooth and our room was quite comfortable. We had reserved a Studio King because the price was so reasonable. $75 AAA.

The hotel appears to be fairly new. Nicely decorated, large rooms. Our room was located on the highway 99 side of the building, but we were never bothered by the highway noise. Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel, if you want to be away from the highway.

Since we had eaten a late lunch, we did not go out for dinner. Just heated up some snacks in the microwave. Both the microwave and refrigerator worked well. There is a large breakfast room and the usual selection of breakfast items. We had no complaint.

It's a nice hotel, clean and comfortable and the price is excellent. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kitters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare
Wyndham Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 14 in Visalia
Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare? Share your experiences!