“Seems like an older hotel with decent renovations”
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights because it was a cheaper rate than other similar hotels in the area. The room is quite spacious with 2 comfortable queen sized beds and a couch in a semi separated seating area. Mini fridge and microwave were bonuses. Fitness facility and pool were open and adequate - everything is very clean.

We walked to a variety of area shops and restaurants - most things are within a mile of the location. The Outlet stores are close and open at 10am. Only room tip would to ask for one facing the back of the hotel, as ours is on the front and we have lots of streetlight peeking through the edges of the curtains. Also of note is that there is no elevator, so ask for a first floor room if this is a problem. Free breakfast and wi-fi are also appreciated. All in all, this is not the nicest Comfort Suites that I have stayed in, but the bathroom and bedding renovations are nice and I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The rooms were nice and clean especially for the price. WIFI was free but often cut in and out of service. The first room we were given was very hot when we arrived. We turned on the AC but it must not be working. Staff quickly moved us to a different room. Continental breakfast was provided. Everything was good except the watered down OJ and rubbery sausage.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Spent the night here in early June. Room was hot when I checked in with slight smell. 30 minutes of a/c and ventilation cured that. Nice bed and room. Good breakfast. Staff was friendly, helpful and available. Parts of the building needed attention/upgrade, but the room was nice.I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very clean and had updated TV and bathrooms. Very good for the price with an outlet mall a few blocks away. Two negatives, the front desk staff and non-working internet. The front desk clerk ignored me for several minutes ( yes I am standing here) while staring at the computer screen. All that was needed was a quick be right with you. She was abrupt and the room was not ready at 5:50 at night. When I expressed surprise she called a member of the cleaning crew who told her a room was ready. She had to call back two more times because she kept forgetting the room number? There was what looked to be a strong internet signal but I was never able to successfully log in. I'd stay here again for the location and price but I encourage the manager/owner to refresh the front desk staffs customer service training.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The room was exceptionally clean and very quiet! What was even better was that check out was at 11 but we overslept due to getting in late and nobody even disturbed us! Will definitely be back! Thank you very much!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Situated close to the freeway and on Blackstone Road, this hotel was easy to find. Plenty of parking available. We were greeted by friendly check in staff and soon in our room. We were offered assistance with our luggage. Coffee available 24/7 in foyer as well as coffee machine in room. Room had a King bed plus a sofa bed, fridge and microwave and was of a good size. No safe in room! Room decor was a little dated but acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room which should be quieter. There is no elevator to the first floor rooms so...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johncb7
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location, large clean rooms. Very quiet even near a freeway and on a busy street. Ample spacious parking. Super friendly staff...

No elevator, but this was not an issue as I need to remember to use the stairs a bit more. But this is something to keep in mind... ask for ground floor if you have trouble with stairs.

I initially booked the first two nights of my stay and then found out my Saturday plans fell through. I was lucky enough to add a third night to my stay, but this was a different reservation. No worries at all, the staff took care of it for me so I did not have to check out and back in, or move rooms... just go and enjoy the racing.

The staff went above and beyond, looking up Parks and giving me recommendations on not only other parks in the area but the best routes to get there.

I will stay here every Trophy Cup and other Race night I am in town. Five minutes from the track, twenty seconds from the freeway.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare
#3 of 14 in Visalia
Charter Inn & Suites
Charter Inn & Suites
#6 of 12 in Tulare

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!