“Fantastic Hotel - Stay here every Trophy Cup weekend.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Hotel - Stay here every Trophy Cup weekend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location, large clean rooms. Very quiet even near a freeway and on a busy street. Ample spacious parking. Super friendly staff...

No elevator, but this was not an issue as I need to remember to use the stairs a bit more. But this is something to keep in mind... ask for ground floor if you have trouble with stairs.

I initially booked the first two nights of my stay and then found out my Saturday plans fell through. I was lucky enough to add a third night to my stay, but this was a different reservation. No worries at all, the staff took care of it for me so I did not have to check out and back in, or move rooms... just go and enjoy the racing.

The staff went above and beyond, looking up Parks and giving me recommendations on not only other parks in the area but the best routes to get there.

I will stay here every Trophy Cup and other Race night I am in town. Five minutes from the track, twenty seconds from the freeway.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I prepaid for my room 30 days in advance and requested room on the first floor.
when i arrived they said they only had rooms on second floor no elevator. the
refrigerator in my room didn't work. Breakfast wasn't great. when asked why they gave
my room to someone else when I prepaid my room 30 days in advance, they wouldn't
compensate me in anyway. when checking out they wanted to charge me twice for the
room. At no time did any of the staff say I am sorry for the poor service and bad room.

Room Tip: make sure to request 1st floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed there for four weeks (actually one of us did 5) in August so we had plenty opportunity to assess the place in three different rooms.
The place is comfortable, rooms have 'fridge and microwave - useful if you have had enough of the several fast food joints within a mile or so.
It is kept clean by friendly staff and there is a nice little pool and exercise room.

If I have to hunt for something negative ... the promised free WiFi involves watching a promotional video and is a bit hit or miss. Oh yes, the breakfast is the same daily, i.e. scrambled powdered eggs and sausages - guess that if you are only there for a night that's fine but MacDonalds and Wendy's and BK are only a two minute car ride away.

Recommended - even after a prolonged stay; guess that says it all.

Room Tip: No elevator so, make it ground floor 105, 119 and 120 are all OK
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Goldonna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here while on vacation in July of 2013. We checked in and asked about local restaurants. The clerk told us where we needed to park when we returned, almost insisted so it would be closer to our room. We thought at the time that he was being very nice. At 7:30 am we received a call from the front desk asking what kind of vehicle we are driving. We tell them and she states that we've been robbed. We go out to find our rear passenger window smashed and the contents of our vehicle all over the ground. Several electronics that were hidden were stolen. We asked if the clerk had called the police and they said no. I asked the clerk if this was common here and she said no, never. I then called the police and upon the officer's arrival I asked if this was common here and she said oh yes sir. She then pointed to a parking space right behind me and said she had responded to a broken into truck not two weeks ago. Wow, huh? It gets better. There are security cameras outside that monitor the parking lot. When the manager was asked to review the tape, he said that where we parked, or were insisted as to where to park, was the only area in the parking lot out of the camera's viewing range. Nice huh? We thought so too. Now as far as how the hotel was I'll have to say it was pretty good. I would NOT, however, recommend it to anyone due to the crime in the area and the coincidence of the night clerk insisting we park in the ONLY area not covered by video surveillance. NOT A SAFE PLACE!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Dan D
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Arrived after a long day of driving and this hotel was perfect for our traveling family. Hotel is clean and staff is very accommodating. Ask for a room on the first floor as there is no elevator. Only con is that the sofa in the room not a pull-out. But we did enjoy the waffles at breakfast!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Camino
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Left SoCal late on Saturday and decided to split 500+ mile drive to Sac into 2 days. Stopped at Tejon Pass Rest Area and picked up the free hotel coupon books. Halfway point was Tulare and they had several hotel/motel coupons. Checked BW first and was disappointed. Went next door to Comfort Inn with an even better coupon and the reception was very helpful in finding King room on ground floor at coupon price.

Room was good size, clean with nice closet. Only negative was the A/C. It worked well but was not on a thermostat so it had to run continuously. Buffet breakfast good but they didn't have a microwave. Good location for Highway 99 access and plenty of places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Get a hotel coupon book at a Rest Area while in route.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We checked into this hotel because it was close to Sequoria Natl Pk. The temperature at the time was triple digit (100+) and the AC in the room was not on when we checked in and it never did adequently cool the room down to a comfortable level. One of the reasons is probably because they do not run the air conditioner in the hallway. The hallway was miserable. PLEASE be aware that there is no elevator and if you are disabled you may be out of luck here. We were told there were no rooms available on the first floor (even though we checked in at 3 in the afternoon and the parking lot was almost empty). If you have trouble walking or with stairs, you'd better look for another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple