“Traveled from champaign, Illinois “Great Experience!””

Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I work in Agriculture so its quite often that I am in smaller AG towns for business. I was very satisfied with all aspects of my stay! Breakfast was great, staff was friendly, bed was comfy, shower felt great! The room was clean and the hotel was near anything I needed or wanted. I can't wait to stay again! Oh, and usually the coffee that is supplied in hotel rooms is not even remotely good, but this coffee was quite the opposite! I would've drank it even if it weren't my only in room option! Also, the microwave and minifridge were great to have.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Richard O

Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a cozy and small historic town. We chose this hotel from the good reviews we saw online and it didn't disappoint. Everything was great! They gave us late checkout on New Year’s Day. About a 40 minute drive from the airport, and conveniently located for shopping. We were in town to visit my daughter. She had suggested another local hotel but after reading some reviews, I decided on the Hampton. I used to travel weekly for my company and we always stayed at Hamptons when possible. I assumed I knew what I was getting with the Hamptons, and the Tulare Hampton did not disappoint. The room was well kept, the breakfast was better than many other Hamptons, the other guests were friendly, and most importantly the staff was outstanding. My wife and I plan to visit my daughter again next summer and we will plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Ok - first! I should mention that I am not a princess when I travel so I'm not really interested in luxury. Most of my time is spent out exploring and enjoying whichever town I'm in. My concerns, in order of importance are: safety, cleanliness, that's it. That being said, I had no problem with this hotel! I was treated like a Princess and I could not have appreciated it more. Thank you too all the Ladies at the Hampton desk....you made my new year!!!! Your support was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: There is a view from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank Laura D
Reviewed January 5, 2012

One of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. We were married in Visalia in November 2011 and we booked a few rooms at this hotel because all the other hotels in town were sold out except for Tulare. We also had 15 rooms at a full service hotel in down town Visalia. The difference in service was astounding. Hampton Inn BLEW AWAY a full service hotel by leaps and bounds. The Hampton staff (from the GM to the front desk to the maintenance) were amazing. They bent over backwards for us. Kind and friendly. The hotel itself is extremely clean and meticulously maintained. Great value. Great service. Great experience. Every one of us had only good things to say about the hotel (not so much for the full service where you are treated as just another number). We could not have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Betty C
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great place to stay for anyone who needs to visit the Central Valley, but doesn’t want to pay high hotel prices or stay at a DIVE-INN, especially if they’re driving from the LA or San Fran areas. Just a 45-minute drive from the Sequoia National Park. Great Breakfast, free parking, and a trendy, clean, and convenient interior, the Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare feels like home the first time you walk in. Fun staff at the desk & bfast bar!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank Doug S
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Very nice hotel! Did not expect this gem to be on the 99. Soild breakfast in the morning, and then on our way. Could not ask for more!!

Room Tip: They take great care of Hilton Honors Members!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Tori B
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is an exceptional hotel but watch for the hidden web site charges. Hampton Inn uses Travelocity and they charge you for booking through them. You are not aware of this as you go directly into Hamton Inn & Suites web site. When I called to ask them about the difference in price they kept saying it was because I used Travelocity. When I pressed them further - challening them that I had gone into thier web site - they finally owned up to the fact that they -use travelocity. I find that it is best to call on the phone to make your reservations to avoid charges that your not aware of.

Room Tip: Make your reservations on the phone - not the web site.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank jerrygg36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
Best Western Town & Country Lodge
#1 of 14 in Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare? Share your experiences!