I have stayed here twice, and it was mediocre lodging at best.
Recently, we had reservations to stay 1 night, and because of snow, I-80 was completely closed. We called in the morning and were essentially told "too bad".
The product we reserved was not available/delivered to us, and we were given no refund (or even the ability to move the reservation to another night). You might say that we accepted this risk by making a reservation that had a 48 hour cancellation policy. But this isn't a case of me changing my mind and trying to cancel last minute. It was physically impractical to access the hotel, we were just outside of Sacramento when we learned they closed I-80 from Colfax to Truckee.
This scenario is the equivalent of an airline requiring you to buy a brand new ticket if your flight was cancelled by weather. Hotels that care about their customers purchase weather insurance to offset losses in these circumstances. Instead, this hotel decides to make a few hundred dollars at my expense.
I will never stay here again and I recommend you don't either. Even without this incident, the hotel was overpriced for what it delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the town of Truckee amidst mountains, lakes, alpines and meadows, the Truckee Donner Lodge is a warm relaxing space so you can rest and recharge. Our lodge combines modern luxuries and contemporary decor with the traditional amenities and architecture of a country lodge. Whether you are on the ultimate ski vacation, traveling for business or just need a weekend getaway, the Truckee Donner Lodge offers exceptional amenities.Our guest rooms and feature rooms are simple and serene. Each appointed with a large flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee pot, wet bar and microwave. Complimentary hi-speed wireless access is available throughout the lodge.Share your day's activities with friends in our lobby with fireplace; or, relax your muscles and admire the stars from our Hot Tub. Cool off during the warm summer days in our outdoor pool—the views of the alpines are magnificent.Wake up each morning to a deluxe Hot Continental Breakfast. Our breakfast bar offers a wide variety of choices including hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, bagels, toast, and muffins.It’s all delicious, all complimentary and all waiting for you at the Newly Remodeled Truckee Donner Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Truckee Donner Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Truckee Donner Hotel Truckee
- Holiday Inn Truckee
- Truckee Holiday Inn Express