We called and specifically requeted that our room be smoke free. When we arrived the night clerk stated she had not been told of our request. She took us to the room and it was totally smoky. My husband asked for another room. She placed us in a room where the shower was full of mold and the tub did not really drain. There were bits of what appeared to be dry meat crumbs on one of the chairs at the desk. We would have left but it was really late at night and it was a freak snow storm. At about 8 am we were awakened by the sound of pneumatic airguns, saws, workmen shouting and metal banging against the building. I poked my head out the window and asked them what they were doing. The said that they were installing gutters. I took pictures. I went downstairs to see if we could move to another room and the clerk said that she was not in charge, and the manager would be back wednesday (this was monday) so I could talk to him then. I asked if we could change rooms so we could get some rest and she said that "oh i wish i could help in some way" rather sarcastically. I called customer service for holiday Inn and told them about the problems. When i got back to the room, the phone started ringing and would not stop. We disputed the charges but the hotel refused to recognize that we had not gotten anywhere near what we had paid for. We are pursing a legal remedy because I will not pay for a room where I cannot rest due to construction that was noisy, a room that was filthy, service that was reprehensible, and facilities that were not available - the pool was empty because there was a crack in it and their exersise room was "unavailable" (they wouldnt tell us why) at the time of our visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the town of Truckee amidst mountains, lakes, alpines and meadows, the Truckee Donner Lodge is a warm relaxing space so you can rest and recharge. Our lodge combines modern luxuries and contemporary decor with the traditional amenities and architecture of a country lodge. Whether you are on the ultimate ski vacation, traveling for business or just need a weekend getaway, the Truckee Donner Lodge offers exceptional amenities.Our guest rooms and feature rooms are simple and serene. Each appointed with a large flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee pot, wet bar and microwave. Complimentary hi-speed wireless access is available throughout the lodge.Share your day's activities with friends in our lobby with fireplace; or, relax your muscles and admire the stars from our Hot Tub. Cool off during the warm summer days in our outdoor pool—the views of the alpines are magnificent.Wake up each morning to a deluxe Hot Continental Breakfast. Our breakfast bar offers a wide variety of choices including hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, bagels, toast, and muffins.It’s all delicious, all complimentary and all waiting for you at the Newly Remodeled Truckee Donner Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Truckee Donner Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Truckee Donner Hotel Truckee
- Holiday Inn Truckee
- Truckee Holiday Inn Express