This lodge is conveniently located near Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski area. The lodge isn’t really what I think of when I think of a lodge. It’s more like a 3 star hotel. The lodge does not have a restaurant or a bar but they do serve breakfast in the morning and the selection is pretty good, they had eggs and bacon along with yogurt, cereal, sweet rolls and bread. The rooms look like they have been recently renovated and they have incorporated some mountain character in the lamps and art work. The paint, furniture and carpet seem to be new and everything was clean. There is a small refrigerator and a microwave. The temperature in the room was great, it wasn’t too cold and it never got too hot. The pillows were too firm but the bed was comfortable. Our room overlooked the forest behind the lodge which was very pretty. The other side of the lodge seems to face the highway; I suggest requesting a room facing the forest away from the highway. The service was friendly and parking was easy. The lodge is also very close to downtown Truckee which is filled with places to eat. The BBQ place right down the road, Smokey’s is really good with a great selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the town of Truckee amidst mountains, lakes, alpines and meadows, the Truckee Donner Lodge is a warm relaxing space so you can rest and recharge. Our lodge combines modern luxuries and contemporary decor with the traditional amenities and architecture of a country lodge. Whether you are on the ultimate ski vacation, traveling for business or just need a weekend getaway, the Truckee Donner Lodge offers exceptional amenities.Our guest rooms and feature rooms are simple and serene. Each appointed with a large flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee pot, wet bar and microwave. Complimentary hi-speed wireless access is available throughout the lodge.Share your day's activities with friends in our lobby with fireplace; or, relax your muscles and admire the stars from our Hot Tub. Cool off during the warm summer days in our outdoor pool—the views of the alpines are magnificent.Wake up each morning to a deluxe Hot Continental Breakfast. Our breakfast bar offers a wide variety of choices including hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, bagels, toast, and muffins.It’s all delicious, all complimentary and all waiting for you at the Newly Remodeled Truckee Donner Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Truckee Donner Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Truckee Donner Hotel Truckee
- Holiday Inn Truckee
- Truckee Holiday Inn Express