All reviews pastry dog bed lox luxury suite full bar european style hotel hot tub trailer park oatmeal road noise included breakfast evening snacks fresh fruit downtown truckee down to earth late afternoon queen bed
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I made a reservation based on previous Tripadvisor reviews, and my expectations were met. The owners, desk staff and housekeeping staff were most gracious. The breakfasts and happy hour offerings were quite good. The accommodations were more than adequate and quite comfortable. When I made the reservation, the room seemed a bit pricey, but compared to other hotels in the area, there is little comparison. I would definitely stay again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Cedar House in June 2013. This is a charming hotel with a emphasis on service and comfort. The owners are truly involved in the operation of the hotel and go out of their way to assure that guests enjoy their stay. The facilities are up to date and very clean. The owners have compiled a wonderful list of hiking trails and things to do and provide complimentary trail bars and water to support your journey. The included breakfast was excellent, with a wide variety of items to select and well prepared meals. I encourage guests looking for comfortable modern accommodations with charms and caring to consider the Cedar Sport Hotel for their vacation stay.

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We chose to stay at the Cedar House because of their dog friendly policy. We had a delightful stay and found everything to be perfect!! We were in a room that faced the interior garden/seating area (those are the rooms you want to request--the others face the road/parking lot/mobile home park) and although the hotel was full it was quite and relaxing. I was slightly concerned that the bed might be on the small side (more of a full vs. queen) due to reviews I read but it was more than fine and we both got great sleep. We had an amazing dinner at Stella our first night and enjoyed the breakfast buffet both mornings. I had made a special request prior to our arrival and to my surprise it was ready and in place when we arrived. This place is truly amazing and a we can't wait to return!

Room tip: Request a room facing the interior garden.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My second stay at Cedar House. Even more wonderful this time. Now there is the Stella restaurant with fabulous fresh breakfast and dinner. Loved my room and it's European flare. Staff is friendly and helpful. Stayed until noon checkout to maximize comfortable natural enviornment.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Taura A
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and our 6-yr old for a weekend. The hotel and restaurant staff were so friendly and knowledgable (where to we find the best fish tacos to what's the best bike routes with kids in tow). Patty the owner is an amazing woman who seems to be there 24/7 and makes sure every guest is taken care of.
Their restaurant Stella is fantastic! Don't Miss It!!! Not only is the large complementary breakfast wonderful, but appetizers, dinner and desserts are amazing too. Congrats to the chef and his team.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable, upscale European contemporary. I loved the soap/shampoo/conditioner/lotion despensers, free water, coffee and tea maker. The main lodge has free newspapers, comfy sitting area, goodies (cookies or Clif bars, etc.) and a really cool bar that serves both the inside of the lodge and the outside courtyard (where we sat amongst the beautiful landscaping).
Truckee is just a mile down the road and the Truckee Regional Park is across the street with a great running trail, playground, frisbee golf course and amphitheater. This is my new go-to place to stay in Lake Tahoe.

Room tip: Rooms 101-104 and 111-114 face East and get the morning sun (although the curtain keeps most of it out) so if you're a late sleeper or sensitive to light waking you up, get a room that faces West.
1  Thank PeachSJ