Nice place that is close to Squaw Valley and Lake Tahoe. It made a nice base for our daytime hikes and dinners in Truckee. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They give a partially hot breakfast in that there are a limited number of hot items available and all of the ones in the hot tray are precooked from a food source company. It was disappointing to find even the crumbly scrambled eggs this way. They come from the Sioux Falls company Grand Prairie Foods. Perhaps the hot oatmeal was cooked on site. There are also cold cereals, muffins, bagels, self-serve waffles, bananas, apples, a not so fresh fruit mix, etc.
Mostly the room was quiet except that there was a heel walker above us at 4am every morning.
The only real complaint about the room is that, even my wife, found the shower/tub too narrow, especially with a vertical hand bar and a soap tray that are where the shower sprays down making it difficult to not get banged on the shoulder or knocked over. They could easily fix this by replacing the tubs with a wider one as there is room to do this.
There were no hand towels racks near the sink even though there was plenty of wall space for them.
We made use of the free business center room which was never occupied by others even on this Labor Day weekend. It has a desktop computer with internet and a laser printer.
The hot tub jets didn't work two nights in a row but they sent a service man promptly to get them on when asked to do so.
The property has a gas station and a convenience store.
Overall we had a relaxing time there and would return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Tahoe-Truckee hotel is a short car-ride away from Lake Tahoe and its casinos, as well as many skiing, hiking and fishing attractions. Guests enjoy: free WiFi, free breakfast, a seasonal outdoor pool, patio area (with fire pit), fitness room, bike rentals, concierge desk, 24-Hour snack shop, dining/lounge area, business center, and meeting space. We're one mile from the Truckee Tahoe airport and 5.8 miles from the Northstar California Ski Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tahoe - Truckee
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe - Truckee Hotel Truckee
- Hampton Inn Hotel Tahoe
- Hampton Inn Truckee
- Truckee Hampton Inn