“Very good value for such a low price!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Truckee
Sacramento, California
“Very good value for such a low price!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Of course most of us can't stay at the ritz so for $150 I had very low expectations for the Hampton inn. But I was very surprised the hotel is very clean and has a log cabin style. The rooms are basic having clean comfy beds, tv and a DVD player although our room didn't have a fridge like stated. The pool was ok nothing to special the hot tub was disgusting though. I loved the complementary breakfast in the morning which had plenty of hot and cold choices. The location is ok we were scuba diving in Meeks bay so it was a 45 minute drive, I would highly recommend Jax on the tracks for dinner it's very very good and was featured on food network. Oh by the way wifi is free.
Overall:

Location: 7/10
Cleaness:9/10
Comfort: 10/10
Customer service: 8/10

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Alan,

Thank you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and you found our hotel clean and well appointed. I apologize for the spa being clean. Our maintenance crew is to clean it twice a day and of course if needed. We use it all year round so we try to keep it ready for our guests.

And yes, the WiFi is free.

Again thank you.

Overall:

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sacramento, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. The room was nice, and we were able to ask for a 3rd floor room with a mountain/airport view, which I recommend. The hot breakfasts at the Hampton Inns keep getting better--we got a variety of meats, eggs several ways, potatoes, waffles and oatmeal every day, as well as fruit, yogurt, juices, breads and muffins, several levels of boldness in the coffee, even! The staff is pleasant and efficient, and check-in was the easiest I've ever experienced. Even though we stayed mid-week, though, it was pretty expensive: $151.00 plus tax. I understand that it is in the Tahoe area, but it's a simple hotel room--nice but nothing fancy, and you really can't walk to anything from this location. Still, since everything else is expensive in Tahoe, it's just the reality of staying up here. This was my second stay here and I will be coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Patricia B,

We appreciate that you stayed with us and took the time to write of your experience.

We are also glad that you liked our breakfast and see that we continue to try to accomodate everyone's tastes, not just a few's. Thank you for pointing out that you found our property to be beautiful in a beautiful location.

I will not try to deny that our prices are expensive but I think you understand that every thing in the area is expensive.

We look forward to your return,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hamptons are Hamptons, generally reliable, clean, comfortable and affordable. This is no exception. Well-located to Truckee, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Donner Lake and environs, the hotel presents the standard amenities and conveniences. Only gripe we had is soap, shampoo and other bathroom sundries were't freshened daily. Pretty much ran out of each. One more thing, not a complaint, but if you like fresh fruit for breakfast, bring your own.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Flying Home-

Thank you for the review and your positive comments.

I apologize that you did not get fresh amenities daily, our standard is that if its used at all we will replace it. We do have a packaged fruit which we receive from a national food company as well as fresh bananas and green and red apples, which are often over looked.

I'm glad you found the hotel clean, comforable and affordable, all important features.

philadelphia,pa
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I can not recommend this hotel though the outdoor pool was nice. Considering the price, there was nothing exceptional to recommend it. It was necessary to drive to any attraction thought the Tahoe area has much to recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Ms. Kathy B-

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, even though you thought of us as "very average" we're glad you liked our pool.

Hopefully we see you again and "wow" you.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location and great price for the area. I always stay here when I'm in the area this recent trip will mark my 3rd visit. The hotel has a winter lodge type feel. Parking is great and its pretty centrally located in the truckee/north star/squaw valley area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Charlie-

I was about to write that we really appreciate return guests. But, we like first time guests as just as well.

Its always nice to see a familiar face on the other side of the desk. Be it our side or yours. But it's equally nice to show new guests what we have to offer at our hotel, in our area and from our team. We take pride in our town and hotel.

Thank you for pointing our that our price, although not cheap, is a great price for the area and we have good location.

We look forward to your 4th visit.

dallas
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for five nights. The hotel is an average Hampton inn with a couple of exceptions. First the ceiling must be very thin because I was kept awake every night with people walking around their room. Security is also an issue because the door to your room has a door closing device that someone could easily follow you into your room before it shuts. Finally I tried to work out at the gym and the temperature was 78. I asked the for desk to adjust the air and someone came in and opened the window. This did nothing to cool the room and with no circulation I couldn't use the gym. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Laura-

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write of your experience.

I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory, if you are not satisfied then neither are we. We were having some problems with our HVAC freezing up in our fitness room. Often times people turn it off or too low and it doesn't work properly. We adjust the closers for the room doors often. Usually we find that the doors close to quickly. I am sorry they didn't work properly for you.

Please accept my apologizes for the problems you encountered. I would like to talk to you in person, invite you back and of course make an adjustment to your bill.

Thank You.

Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in a king whirlpool suite for four days and were quite comfortable. Our room was a nice size, clean and decorated in updated decor. We were greeted with fresh ice tea in the lobby and a cookie when we checked in. Our two little girls shared the pull out sofa bed and and enjoyed having their own T.V to watch. They also enjoyed the whirlpool tub and being able to have hot chocolate or tea when we arrived back from our daily excursions. Hampton Inn also includes breakfast each day which is probably a $30.00-$40.00 value for our family of four, making this hotel a great value for us. The only thing was we were on the first floor and had a very tall fence surrounding our private patio (I'm sure it's for security purposes) it would have been nicer being on the above floors so we could enjoy the beautiful Tahoe views from the balcony. We stayed in room 133. We also loved staying in Truckee! It's a beautiful 20 minute drive into Tahoe city where there is lots of great shopping and fabulous restaurants. One day we drove to Squaw Valley and took the aerial tram up to the mountains and swam (it's quite cold and the pool isn't heated, but is very beautiful) you can also roller skate outside and take in the view! This is where the 1960 Olympics were. Another day we went to a Safeway and purchased two cheap rafts and rafted down the Truckee River which is more like a lazy river and perfect for our kids 5 and 10. Then took the bus back to our car. This was really a lot of fun! We also went to Sand Harbor beach to swim one day where the water is clear as a bell and slightly warmer but still on the cool side. Thursday nights during the Summer months they have a fun art fair on the streets of old Truckee. One day we drove to Heavenly my husband went to the casino for a while while us girls took shopped along the strip. Loved Truckee Tahoe and can't wait to come back! P.S everyone has been so nice in California since we have been there! This Midwestern girl approves!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 133. I would suggest staying in a suite on any floor other than the first floor i...