“Nice hotel for one night at the most”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Truckee
dallas
“Nice hotel for one night at the most”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for five nights. The hotel is an average Hampton inn with a couple of exceptions. First the ceiling must be very thin because I was kept awake every night with people walking around their room. Security is also an issue because the door to your room has a door closing device that someone could easily follow you into your room before it shuts. Finally I tried to work out at the gym and the temperature was 78. I asked the for desk to adjust the air and someone came in and opened the window. This did nothing to cool the room and with no circulation I couldn't use the gym. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Laura-

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write of your experience.

I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory, if you are not satisfied then neither are we. We were having some problems with our HVAC freezing up in our fitness room. Often times people turn it off or too low and it doesn't work properly. We adjust the closers for the room doors often. Usually we find that the doors close to quickly. I am sorry they didn't work properly for you.

Please accept my apologizes for the problems you encountered. I would like to talk to you in person, invite you back and of course make an adjustment to your bill.

Thank You.

Rick Rucker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in a king whirlpool suite for four days and were quite comfortable. Our room was a nice size, clean and decorated in updated decor. We were greeted with fresh ice tea in the lobby and a cookie when we checked in. Our two little girls shared the pull out sofa bed and and enjoyed having their own T.V to watch. They also enjoyed the whirlpool tub and being able to have hot chocolate or tea when we arrived back from our daily excursions. Hampton Inn also includes breakfast each day which is probably a $30.00-$40.00 value for our family of four, making this hotel a great value for us. The only thing was we were on the first floor and had a very tall fence surrounding our private patio (I'm sure it's for security purposes) it would have been nicer being on the above floors so we could enjoy the beautiful Tahoe views from the balcony. We stayed in room 133. We also loved staying in Truckee! It's a beautiful 20 minute drive into Tahoe city where there is lots of great shopping and fabulous restaurants. One day we drove to Squaw Valley and took the aerial tram up to the mountains and swam (it's quite cold and the pool isn't heated, but is very beautiful) you can also roller skate outside and take in the view! This is where the 1960 Olympics were. Another day we went to a Safeway and purchased two cheap rafts and rafted down the Truckee River which is more like a lazy river and perfect for our kids 5 and 10. Then took the bus back to our car. This was really a lot of fun! We also went to Sand Harbor beach to swim one day where the water is clear as a bell and slightly warmer but still on the cool side. Thursday nights during the Summer months they have a fun art fair on the streets of old Truckee. One day we drove to Heavenly my husband went to the casino for a while while us girls took shopped along the strip. Loved Truckee Tahoe and can't wait to come back! P.S everyone has been so nice in California since we have been there! This Midwestern girl approves!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 133. I would suggest staying in a suite on any floor other than the first floor i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello Christine C-

It sounds like you liked Truckee and the Tahoe area. Yes, we are blessed to be in a beautiful area with alot of attractions and things to do.

I'm glad you liked our hotel as well and found it clean and that the people of California are nice.

Thank you for the wonderful review and we look for to your next visit!

Cathedral City, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would definitely stay here again! Soon after I got to my room, the front desk phoned to see if the accommodations were good! Never had that happen before! My room with a king bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. In addition, I appreciated the hot continental breakfast each morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, August 7, 2013

We appreciate the nice review and pointing out that you had a comfortable stay.

We always call our guests to ensure that everything is satisfactory and check to see if we can help with the TV, Wifi, or HVAC. But really we want our guests know that we are available if you need us.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton for one night. It is a large hotel with ski lodge styled public rooms. Basic Hampton guest room seemed a little dated but it was clean and comfortable, typical Hampton breakfast. It is close to Truckee (lots of fun places to eat and stroll) and main highways. Front desk personnel very helpful and friendly. I would recommend and stay again.

Hello Daetime,

We appreciate you review and of course that you stayed with us.

Yes, Truckee is great little town- or as some say "the coolest town in America" and yes it does cool off in the winter.

And we are glad you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly!

We look forward to your next visit.

California
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a nice property, clean, good breakfast, no where near lake tahoe. We were attending a wedding and needed an early check in to dress and make the wedding on time (It was a 2 1/2 hour drive from our home). I requested an early check in online, but when I had not received any word on it, I called the day before. They could not find my reservation and told me to call back the next day to see if it was possible to check in early! I called just before we were to leave and a different woman was able to find my reservation AND said a room would be ready for me. Don't know what we would have done if they had said no... Other than that, had a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vtown Girl-

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad we were able to accomodate your request for an early check-in. For the most part hotels, including the Hampton, will gladly check you in if you arrive early. But, it's dependant upon the guests who stayed the night before and when they checkout. If someone does not checkout of the type of room you reserved our hands are tied.

I am glad oyour found our property to be nice, clean, and having a good breakfast.

Thank you, again.

Clio, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Truckee inn is well run, friendly staff, managers on site are helpfull. The breakfast is fine and saves the expense of going off the property and is a nice expention of the stay. Room was comfortable. The lobby breakfast room is actually an ok place to hang if your other half is still sleeping. Good stay.

Room Tip: Gound floor worked well for us. No real pool noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear David in Clio-

We have been able to attract and retain our management team for some time now. I am glad you found us/them helpful. I try to have some one more senior on site most of the time to ensure things go well and our guest needs are met.

Thanks for mentioning our lobby. Most guest find it warm and inviting and easy to "hang out" in.

We hope to see you again soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Hotel was clean. Its easy to get to and is pretty centralize to many of the activities around Lake Tahoe (for Summer) and in the Mountains (for Winter). The staff is courtesy and helpful whenever you have any questions. The Breakfasts foods are hot (thank you for the Waffle Maker) and plentiful

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jerry W-

Thank you for your review and finding our hotel to be clean. That fact can never be over stated.

I am also happy that you found our staff couteous and helpful, our breakfast plentifull and our waffle makers took care of you and your family.

Again, thank you.

Rick Rucker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truckee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Truckee-Tahoe
Constellation Residences at Northstar
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee? Share your experiences!