“Good food Great atmosphere”
Review of Pianeta Ristorante

Pianeta Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge Street
Description: Pianeta is a cozy and inviting restaurant located in the heart of historic downtown Truckee, California. Since 1998, we have specialized in creating delicious Italian foods and homemade pastas while offering a stellar dining experience. Our menu features nightly specials inspired by the delicious cuisine of Northern Italy and boasts an impressive wine collection from California vineyards as well as classic Italian wines. At the bar, you will find an inviting atmosphere backed by premium liquor, aperitifs and one of the most popular happy hours in town (5:00-6:30 Monday thru Friday). Finally we pride ourselves on our welcoming friendly staff, warm eclectic old world ambiance and consistently remarkable cuisine. We always recommend reservations and we can accommodate larger parties, please call for more information.
Truckee
“Good food Great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have eaten at Pianeta over the past 15 years and have always found it to be warm and cozy in the winter months and cool and refreshing in the summer. The food is top notch and a bit on the pricey side. The bar menu is wonderful and a good place to meet new interesting people.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank FlyingTiger17

San Diego, California
“Can't Miss!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Reservations are a must. But if you do not have them, the wait is worth it. The menu is varied, but the pasta dishes are superb. The polenta and halibut were excellent as well as the house made sausage with penne pasta. The service is a bit slow but everyone is friendly and accommodating. We have been going to Truckee for many years and this restaurant has been consistently very good.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank DufferNevadaCounty
El Dorado Hills, California
“Best in Truckee”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

If you are looking for a fancy stuffy restaurant this is not the place for you. This restaurant is a
Truckee staple with excellent food and service.The Pasta Bolognese is some of the best we have ever had and it comes on house made pasta. The pork medallions are served on some of the worlds best cheesy polenta. We will definitely be back for the food.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank TruckeeCatherine
San Francisco, CA
“The Tiramisu Alone is Worth a Visit”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Such a great place to grab dinner in Truckee. The service can be a little slow, but the food more than makes up for it. Make sure to order the tiramisu -- it's a giant serving, which we sometimes take to-go (since by the time we get to dessert, we're often stuffed full of delicious bread, salad and pasta).

Visited June 2013
Murrieta, California
“BIG Disappointment”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We don't usually write reviews the same day we dine but I feel compelled to tell our disappointment at this restaurant.

Service was ok. Small restaurant. Nothing romantic in our opinion. Our table was so small our plates barely fit and the whole night just felt cramped for a party of 2. We started with martinis, which were great. The house bread had crust so hard it cut our gums. No joke! We had the antipasto misto appetizer. It was ok. We shared the Caesar salad. Presentation was nice but honestly was probably the worst Caesar we ever had. The dressing was overpowered with lemon. I am a big citrus fan but for the first time in my life I didn't want to finish the salad. My husband hates lemon flavor so he disliked the salad.

My husband ordered the lamb without the mint pesto sauce. Best lamp chops we have ever eaten!! Ravioli was undercooked on his plate as a side. I ordered the ravioli bolognese. Very oily and ravioli undercooked and hard : ( I wasn't able to eat my meal. The waitress asked if I wanted to box it but I had to decline.

We were still hungry so we ordered desert. My husband had the chocolate cheesecake, which was the best ever. I had the desert cheese plate....excellent!

Unfortunately we won't be dining here again. We were so looking forward to a nice Italian
meal but our experience was below our expectations. We review all suggestions on Trip Advisor as well as other sites and are really disappointed.

There are other restaurants in town that are more satisfying!

1 Thank JAE2512