“GREAT DRINKS!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The drinks here are reasonable and very good!! However the food?? Food is ok, good.. over the top? no.. Food is a bit overpriced for what you get..
We had a special at $7.99 Chili Relleno w/rice/beans, not bad.. Lunch menu with a beef taco (size about like taco bell $1 taco) and Chili Relleno $13 plus!!
My advise would be to have the specials.. no tacos as they are super expensive!!
Food was decent..

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped by for a drink and some apps on a friday afternoon. We had the ceviche and chips and salsa. We also ordered a couple of margaritas, I can't remember what the name was but I'm pretty sure they cost $9. At first I thought this was a little steep, but this was a seriously potent cocktail. It easily had double to triple the tequila that you would get at other places and they actually used a good tasting tequila (i.e. 100% agave, not jose cuervo). I enjoyed the ceviche and the salsa was great. Good service. I really wanted to back here for dinner but ran out of time. Next time I'm in Truckee I will go back.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sit at the bar and enjoy your meal while watching the bartender whip up great margaritas. Try the shrimp chimichanga for a twist and order extra salsa. The food is really good.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Service never replenished our chips or salsa, I had to get out 2nd pitcher of water because nobody came back after we ordered. We had 5 people during a non busy Monday evening, they got one of the orders wrong and said it was ready but it took another 10 minutes to bring it out. We asked if we could order margaritas and the waiter said yes and left. He then asked me how many and what kind when I approached the water pitcher table. Then they were slow getting them to us and mine had a hair in it. He did comp our drinks however but it was still a poor experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

After river rafting on the Truckee river we were very hungry. We wanted Mexican food and found one in Truckee. We waited almost 30 minutes for our food. Everyone was getting cranky as they were very hungry. The bill was $78 for the 5 of us. What a shock because the two little grandchildren only ordered cheese nacho's. The cheese was so hard they couldn't eat the meal. One of them ordered more salsa to add and they were charged $2.95 for it. Our enchiladas were just a bit of corn meal and not much meat. We love mexican food and usually it's always quite well done. This was not. Pick another mexican restaurant in Truckee.

1  Thank marjack3