“Great Lunch ”

Jax At The Tracks
Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A classic American diner in Downtown Truckee, CA. Open 7am - 10pm EVERY day of the year. We offer family-friendly breakfast, lunch and dinner service and also serve beer & wine. On a beautiful Truckee day, dine with us on our outdoor patio where your leashed dog is also welcome to join you. We also offer private dining and catering services. "We care about the food, but what we really care about is the people,” says owner, Bud Haley.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I always enjoy stopping by this place on my way through. Today it was lunch and I had the Patty Melt with Onion Rings. It didn’t disappoint!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (596)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a fabulous lunch recently at JAX in old Truckee near the tracks. This place has been visited by Guy Fieri and deservedly so. There are two interior dining areas, one in the old chrome boxcar and a newer open section in the rear, and there is outdoor seating as well. I ordered the signature pulled-pork with cheddar cheese and a side of coleslaw. My wife had the fish sandwich. I am not exaggerating to say that this was the best pulled-pork I have had anywhere. The cheese was nicely melted and the slaw was just right. The fish sandwich was also very good. The portions are huge. Service was outstanding and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

This may have possibly been the best Reuben sandwich I’ve ever had. It has homemade sauerkraut, just delicious. Perfect for a no-fuss lunch

Reviewed September 3, 2019

The food was wonderful but there were only 6 people in the whole restaurant and we waited forever for our waitress. She then brought the toast out and nothing else. We had to wait 30 minutes for the rest of our food. Food was great once we received it. No one checked on us the whole time we were there. Only stop here if you have hours to waste waiting for food.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019

Food was average service was awful. Waited over 30 min for food to arrive. They forgot the milkshakes which took another 10 minutes once reminded. They refused to take my American Express credit card as a payment method. Also overheard conversations from employees about mad customers and how behavior needed to change (just thought it was something a boss should tell an employee in private not in front of customers and other employees). Was very disappointed.