“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cottonwood Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 116 Restaurants in Truckee
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cottonwood has been a fixture of Truckee's vibrant dining scene for 25 years, and was voted North Lake Tahoe's "Best Fine Dining Restaurant." Housed in a historical ski lodge, constructed in 1928 to serve as a warming hut for the town of Truckee's ski and toboggan hill, the restaurant is a virtual museum of historic photos and artifacts. With spectacular views of downtown Truckee from the Dining Room or expansive Deck, Cottonwood is the restaurant of choice for Truckee locals and visitors alike. A diverse menu consists of eclectic menu of steaks, pastas, seafood and vegetarian dishes using fresh organic produce and sustainable meats and seafood whenever possible, complimented by a full bar and adventuresome wine list. Home to a vibrant acoustic music scene, Cottonwood features free live music every Thursday and Friday nights, and features a nightly Happy Hour until 6pm. Groups and special events are welcome.
journey45
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My family brought me to Cottonwood for my birthday and I wasn't sure what to expect. This was the first time any of us had been there. Fortunately, we all had a great experience. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was warm and inviting, the service was good, and the view of Truckee was beautiful. I had the Ahi and it was excellent.

Can't wait to go back.

• Visited November 2012

Oakland, California
“Too Nice Not to Share”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This historic location is Truckee at its best, all though it is only fall I am looking forward to the Cottonwood during a snowstorm. The view is so relaxing the food is outstanding. The ceaser salad is the best I have ever eaten and is big enough for several people. The menu is eclectic .
The burger delicious, as is the everything else I have tried. The desserts so yummy.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Leealyn B
“Gorgeous view”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The view from the dining area is gorgeous!!!! The ambiance in the place is really relaxed and romantic. I think the food is a bit pricey for the quality but that's just my opinion. The ceaser salad was huge and delicious!

Visited October 2012
SF Bay
“Romantic Anniversary”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Get there early or make a reservation to sit by the windows overlooking historic downtown Truckee. The BEST food I've had in years! Romantic evening that we will not forget!

Visited November 2011
minnesota
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were in Truckee with some friends, 3 couples, and went here for dinner one night. The food was very good and they had great cocktails. We all enjoyed our meals and had no complaints. If in the area I would go back.

• Visited September 2012