“The BEST!!!!”

Morgan's Lobster Shack & Fish Market
Ranked #13 of 120 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Morgan's is an East Coast style Lobster Shack and Fish Market. Serving fresh fish prepared pretty much anyway you like it. We serve Classic Lobster rolls, fish & chips, soups and salads. We do have limited seating in the winter but have a cozy patio in the warmer months.
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I am thrilled that Truckee finally got a local fish restaurant/market, it is excellent, though expensive. I was in Truckee 2 weeks ago for 5 days and ate there 3x! Need I say more! The fish is fresh: had the crab cakes all three times, the shrimp is also excellent, can't wait to go back, which is in 2 weeks!!

1  Thank BonBrit123

Reviewed June 24, 2015

So my wife tells me she's found a great fish restaurant in Truckee serving a lot of New England style fish and shellfish. Hmmm. But the menu looked good. It seemed reasonably priced.

We drove up from Tahoe Vista where we were staying to Truckee and wound up having a wonderful laid back dinner.

My wife had grilled salmon on a bed of lettuce with a citrus-lime sauce. I had Fish and Chips. We shared an order of fried onion rings. The salmon was A+. Fish (from Fish and Chips) was freshly fried with a light crispy crust. The fish was perfect. The onion rings were delicious. The chips (fries) were perfectly fried but a bit too salty for my taste.

You order at at the counter inside and your food is brought to you. Service was very friendly, quick, and helpful. We sat outside in a peaceful area with maybe ten tables. There was plenty of choice of different beers and wines. Food portions were ample.

Turns out the owners are from New England explaining the presence of Ipswich clams and lobster on the menu.

Reviewed June 11, 2015 via mobile

Fresh fish! We had the lobster rolls and they were full of lobster. Coleslaw is tasty. You can eat inside against wall one side seating or outside. We ate on the back patio. Lovely. Staff is very helpful. They care about the food, presentation and decor. Very nicely decorated. Will be back

Reviewed June 9, 2015

Found the menu at the check in at our RV Park. I had Lobster Stew which was almost a meal in itself. I also had the Salmon Club and Fries. My wife had Crab Cakes. These were on the specials menu. There are many other choices on the chalkboard at market price. The food was fantastic.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

I can't believe I made it to middle age without ever tasting a lobster roll! First one was on a vacation to Maine a few years ago. Now Morgan's has hit the scene in Truckee, and I don't have to fly back east to get my fix! These lobster rolls are exactly like the ones I fondly remember, with succulent meat in a perfectly toasted bun. A nice Asian slaw comes on the side, plus perfect French fries. Only complaint is that the indoor seating is limited to a bar along the wall. Business seems brisk, so I hope they expand!