“LOVE CHOCOLATE”
Review of The Chocolate Bar - CLOSED

The Chocolate Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We loved the fondue plate. The plate had: brownies, pound cake, bananas, strawberries, and berries and plenty of warm dipping chocolate sauce. A great treat for Après skiing with drinks and friends.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This place seems to have an identity crisis. Is it an excellent dessert place? No. Is it a bar? Yes. Does it have good food? No. Does it excel in chocolate? Definitely not. They told me their hot chocolate is their specialty so we tried it. First of all, if it is their specialty, they might want to use real whip cream. Secondly, their hot chocolate should be better than carnation instant cocoa. We tried a couple of desserts and they were good but not great.
I recommend they evaluate who they are and what their goal is. Until then, I will get my food and drinks somewhere where they are really good.

1  Thank travelerfood
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We sat outside after skiing down the mountain and were basically ignored even after flagging down staff. They never offered to clear plates or wipe down tables.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Skied down to meet my family for lunch at 12:30pm. Was told by hostess that there would be no problem getting a table for that time. Came back at to be seated and was told they couldn't serve food for a least a half hour because the chef didn't show up? Seriously? This is high ski season and I've NEVER been to an establishment that had no cook. Utterly ridiculous. Can't comment on the food because I would never waste my valuable vacation time to try and eat there. Paying a fortune to ski and how dare they waste my valuable time.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

It has been two years since I have been here, but it was still delicious! Its right at the base of the main slope and also has a full bar and restaurant. I recently had the classic hot chocolate because I remember the spicy option being a little too hot for my tastebuds. On a cold day the fire outside is great!