Overall, my trip was great and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed my trip. The lodge is run as a B&B with a full kitchen, hot tub, steam room, and sauna. I booked last minute and thought that I was booking more into a traditional hotel so the extra ammenities were great. The building and individual rooms are fully modern (floor to ceiling glass stall jet showers, granite countertops, etc.) I will definitely be back as this seems to be gem just up the hill from Donner Lake.
1. Room was very spacious, modern, and inviting and has ample room for clothes storage (separate side room) and a full walk in bathroom with glass shower stall with jets. Towels were big and fluffy and tied up with twine (spa style).
2. The views from the lodge are stunning and the entire building and individual rooms are fully modern, spacious, welcoming, and relaxing.
3. Full kitchen is available for cooking meals. Very convenient and helpful for those traveling solo or not wanting to eat out. Continental breakfast in the morning was well done with lots available to choose from - eggs, fresh veg for omlettes, waffles, fresh fruit, croissants, breakfast meats, juices, coffee, tea, soy milk, regular milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.
4. Sauna, steam room, and hot tub available for use. I used the steam room and it was awesome.
5. The resort caretakers are super nice and welcoming. The husband and wife team work hard to make sure that all guests were taken care of and addressed on a first name basis.
Areas for Improvement:
1. The lodge is a little difficult to find since the street names are all very similar. Caretaker guidance to drive all the way to the top of the hill and look for the lodge/building that was totally lit up in lights did help me find my way.
2. Individual room doors do not have doors that lock from outside the room. Locks on the door engage only when you are inside your room. I've submitted a recommendation that this be changed to give guests extra security. That said, all individual room entry is completely enclosed inside the lodge and there is safety and security.
3. Parking is first come first served. Not sure how this works during the busy season or if you are a guest arriving late/leaving early.