“nice for afternoon stop”

Best Pies PIzzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 118 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stopped in on a Saturday afternoon for a drink and a snack so we can't vouch for their pizzas. We had the garlic knots and fried zucchini. Both were very good. Unfortunately, they had run out of the first two beers that we wanted. If they have a beer on the menu, they really should carry them.

Service was great though.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjoyed this restaurant on a recent ski strip to Northstar. This restaurant was recommended by somebody we met on a ski lift at Northstar and it was very good. It is in historical downtown Truckee and has a great atmosphere. We would recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for great pizza after a day of skiing or snowboarding.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Oh Best Pies, how I love thee...from wings, to sandwiches to pies...it's ALL GOOD HERE!!! I can't recommend the pizza enough, though. I have lived all over the country...and in some places known for good pizza and I have to say, Best Pies is one of the BEST PIZZAS I HAVE EVER HAD!! Everything is always amazing every single time we go. The atmosphere is really laid back...but the interior is so interesting!! I love love love the highbacked seats, and the super cool chandelier they have!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Owners from New York, following their grandmother's recipes, equals the tastiest pizza in Tahoe! Highly recommend anything with eggplant. I also like their beer and a slice deals. Cheers!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Reasonable price. Solid ingredients. Nice selection of beers. Sports bar atmosphere without the big "chain" feel.