“Disappointing”

Fifty Fifty Brewing Company
Ranked #8 of 115 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nevada City, California
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were looking forward to having lunch at this brew pub in Truckee but were quite disappointed. We shared French Dip sandwich and a salad. The sandwich came on a roll that was too large for the small amount of meat inside. The fries that came with it were good and the salad was fresh. But the service was extremely slow even thought the restaurant wasn't busy and both the waiter and the hostess were quite unfriendly. We probably won't return to this eatery.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank daydreamingduo
Tiffany M, Manager at Fifty Fifty Brewing Company, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience at Fifty Fifty. We are taking measures to ensure our service and our food improves, and that our guests leave happy. We hope that you give us another chance.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Very relaxing environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I liked this place. It was large, open and relaxing. There appeared to be a lot of locals here as well as tourists. The food was pretty good--pizza and a salad. Plates were large. The beer was good too. I think its a just a great atmosphere to enjoy after a long day, no matter the weather.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank BobbyNSue
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great food in a pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We really liked the ambience at this place which was a short walk from our hotel. I am happy that the AAA recommended it.

Visited September 2012
Quincy, California
“Very Good Beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been here a few times, always good beer and food. This time I found myself at a meeting next door at the Larkspur Motel and that night I planned on eating here, plus they had Thursday night football on. My waiter was johnny on the spot, almost too efficient, I told him I was on the wind down, wanting a few pints, then I would order. I had the French Dip, great, with au jus and horseradish, plus an overload of french fries. I love microbreweries, they usually have great food.

Visited November 2012
Cary, North Carolina
“Satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good food, generous portions, good beer, sports bar. Easy to find, good parking. I had the Southwestern Chicken Salad and enjoyed every bite.

Visited October 2012