“Some pros and cons”

Stella
Ranked #26 of 116 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent contemporary American cuisine. Lots of class. Superb tastes.
San Francisco, California
“Some pros and cons”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nice environment and very good service. This is a spacious restaurant that was pleasant for a good conversation. The food generally was very high quality albeit with some inconsistency. The mains on the tasting menu were on the small side.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank baywanderer

Washington State
“Oh my YUM!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Are you kidding me right now??? I've been wanting to eat at Stella for a couple years now and finally was able to make the arrangements and go for my Hubby and I's 10th Wedding Anniversary celebration. We live up near Seattle and were down in Lake Tahoe for a family vacation. The entire experience was everything I hoped it would be and more. I can honestly say it's one of the best meals I've ever had and my Hubby agreed. We both decided to do the tasting menu and absolutely everything we ate was perfection. It was such a fun experience! Nathan was our waiter and did an excellent job of making us feel welcomed. We ate out on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful sunset. I was offered a blanket as the evening cooled. The food was absolutely gorgeous to look at and delicious to taste! I went with the watermelon pluot salad, the halibut ceviche, the filet mignon and the summer pudding for dessert. My hubby ordered the wagyu sashimi, the squab, the duck breast (which totally redeemed the lackluster, subpar duck we had had the night before at another well-known Lake Tahoe restaurant), and the sundae. Both of us could not pick out one dish that we thought was not excellent. This is by far my new favorite restaurant in the Tahoe area and I plan on eating there every time we vacation in South Lake. Bravo, Stella! Please keep up the excellent work! Thank you so much for an unforgettable evening for my hubby and me! We will absolutely be back and I'll be telling everyone I know to head your way for an unforgettable dining experience!

• Visited August 2014
Sonoma, California
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a must try experience for their creative menu, presentation and service. We enjoyed the food selection process and ability to select wine paring or go your own way. Their wine list is comprehensive and reasonably priced so we selected a Chablis to complement most of our food selections augmented by a nice red for the lamb.
We tried dishes normally never considered, so at the end of the meal we were very satisfied with our experience. The lamb chops with carrots was the only item that didn't exceed expectations. Our two selected desserts were outstanding- a berry fruit pudding and lemon egg white dish covering fruit. Tastes way better than the description.
You will remember this experience!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank BoulderNut
Granite Bay, California
“Incredible!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Like many other reviewers we ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings. As the weather was perfect we sat outside, and initially had to contend with traffic noise. However, as the sun set, that irritant seemed to disappear and we were seduced by the wonderful menu choices, and the ambience. Our waiter was terrific, each course offering superb! It is such a treat to offer a completely positive review (and unusual, as well). My husband and I made sure to order different items, so our tasting experience was doubled! We spent 2.5 hours over a marvelous, relaxing dinner. A perfect evening!

• Visited July 2014
Truckee, California
“A fabulous meal!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love this restaurant. Having worked at many of the restaurants in Truckee, I am pretty familiar with what is offered. Stella is consistently fabulous. The service, the food quality and the attention to detail are stellar. In house baked bread, amuse bouche, the list goes on. Given how expensive it is to eat in Truckee, this place is worth every penny!

• Visited April 2014