“Awesome restaurant”

Stella
Ranked #27 of 118 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent contemporary American cuisine. Lots of class. Superb tastes.
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is great, very elegant. The wait staff is friendly, and very knowledgable. The stomp sphere is intimate.

The only down side is that there is now bar. We were a bit early for our table, and really had no place to wait.

2  Thank Aussie_Alien

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I love this restaurant! The menu, which changes monthly, always has something for everyone and the entrees are always supreme. That being said, I was sadly disappointed with Octobers menu. The duck rueben "sandwich" has been on the menu now for several, several months and needs to be retired. There is always a halibut entree that never disappoints until this month. Raviolis with a few pieces of halibut stuffed into them for $30.00 is a let down. The pork ramen is a substantial dish again on this months menu, or you can get a salmon entree. Chef Jacob,"Where's the beef?" I love your creativness and tasty dishes, however, I will not be back in October. Please make November a month to remember!

2  Thank lovegoodfood911
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We loved this restaurant. The menu changes regularly but is usually Asian inspired using fresh local ingredients. We had the tasting menu and loved everything. In between each course, it seems there's a different amuse bouche such as a cucumber, mint salad with goat cheese garnish, a winter squash soup, or a sorbet. The service was perfect. Not intrusive but our wine and water glasses were never empty and the courses were timed just right.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Really, there is no way to explain how good Stella's food, service, atmosphere and experience is unless you go and taste, taste, taste. And, you will be as happy as we were with every aspect of a exceptional evening. Be kind to yourself and make your reservation today. I can truly say we were over the moon with each and every dish. High kudos to the chef!!

1  Thank Suzie D
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I took my family of four here mid-August and sat on the patio. Our waiter was very attentive and the four-course tasting menu was definitely the way to go! No one left hungry, nor did any of us have room for dessert. We were all enthralled with the presentation of each dish. To do again, however, I'd skip the dish with the gnocchi in favor of something more interesting (I think it was the halibut I wished I'd ordered instead).

Stella's is not a place I'd go often, unless completely flush with cash. But for a special occasion, I'd definitely return!