“Most excellent!”

Stella
Ranked #26 of 118 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent contemporary American cuisine. Lots of class. Superb tastes.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I took my family of four here mid-August and sat on the patio. Our waiter was very attentive and the four-course tasting menu was definitely the way to go! No one left hungry, nor did any of us have room for dessert. We were all enthralled with the presentation of each dish. To do again, however, I'd skip the dish with the gnocchi in favor of something more interesting (I think it was the halibut I wished I'd ordered instead).

Stella's is not a place I'd go often, unless completely flush with cash. But for a special occasion, I'd definitely return!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have eaten at Stella three times now and it just keeps getting better!!!! The whole experience is wonderful. The setting is wonderful, the staff is great, and the food speaks for itself.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I forgot to add a review on the breakfast buffet provided to guests at the Cedar House Sports Hotel. Your breakfast is served at Stella and it fills the bill as a breakfast to sustain you in your activities for the day. The coffee is good and along with yogurt, fruits, breads, oat meal and the fixings, you get some protein too. The scrambled eggs were well prepared along with the bacon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just read the latest issue of Sunset magazine which highlights Stella...I couldn't agree more. My husband and I decided to try the chefs four course tasting menu and it was delicious. The menu started with a lovely amuse bouche and between each course there was a palate cleanser. In fact one in particular, the halibut ceviche bite, was remarkable. We both began with nice little salads-mine had watermelon and goat cheese in it; so fresh! Hubby started with duck pate with a frisee and pickled onion salad- very creamy, so good. I opted for a pork rillette with cherries and figs, yummy! My main course was something like a deconstructed duck reuben, WOW, and I think my husband had pork belly that he devoured. For dessert I had the chocolate ganache torte while hubby had a trio of gelato's. The desserts were good, but not as fantastic as everything else. We would recommend Stella to anyone visiting the Tahoe area. We liked it so much that our final night, we left the Ritz Carlton and stayed at the Cedar House hotel where Stella is located to be able to take advantage of their kitchen once more.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were staying at the Cedar House and went to Stella one night. It was excellent!! It should not be No.2 (to Trokay) but No. 1. The food we ordered was really good; my wife and I always share and she accused me of eating more than half of the entree. The amuse-bouches added special flair. Best of all was the chef (Jacob) participating in the room and that we were waited on by all the servers; apparently they just fill in for each other as needed, and all were expert and charming. When do you move to Hermosa Beach? Mike and Sandy Lawton