The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is a lovely hotel with great personal service. From the bell desk to the front desk to the concierge desk, everything is handled in an impeccable way. Our group was a challenge (with 12 adults, 1 child, 1 infant and 5 dogs), yet the hotel was up to this challenge and anticipated our every need.
The rooms are beautiful, the bathrooms spacious, but the mattress was so soft, I woke up every day with a stiff neck and back.
Unfortunately, the gondola that delivers you to and from the Northstar Village was closed, so we had to drive everywhere.
Dining at the hotel restaurant, Manzanita, was a huge disappointment, with poor service, cold food and a hefty tab of nearly $1000 (which I will review separately). Dine somewhere else!
All in all, we had a great time. My advice:
1. Stay at the hotel
2. Dine somewhere else
3. Enjoy the inventive cocktails in the bar
4. Sit by the fire pit and have s'mores!
Note to the Ritz Carlton management - please keep front desk intern Robin Cannon,who is very helpful and extremely efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a mid-mountain location on Northstar California, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the first and only AAA Five Diamond mountain resort in California. Highlights include luxurious guest rooms and suites with in-room fire places and floor-to-ceiling windows; ski-in/ski-out access on Northstar California with ski valet services; a 17,000 sq ft slopeside spa with treatments themed around water and woods; extraordinary dining in Manzanita featuring rustic California cuisine with mountain resort influences; a signature "Marshmology" experience each evening at the fire pit featuring the “Art of the S’more"; and a comprehensive children’s program allowing parents to make the most of their Lake Tahoe vacationDuring the winter season, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe’s mid-mountain location provides for ski-in / ski-out access to Northstar California, consistently touted as one of the nation’s best family-friendly ski resorts. With a slope-side location on Northstar’s “Big Easy” run, the ski-in/ski-out access can be enjoyed by skiers and riders of any level. When you are ready for a day on the mountain, simply head down to mountain concierge where the ski valets will assist you with your boots and escort you to your skis and poles waiting on the slopes. Northstar offers world-class grooming and provides a plethora of family activities in the Village at Northstar accessed from the hotel by an intermountain gondola. At the heart of the Village is a 9,000 sq ft ice skating rink surrounded by cozy fire pits and a variety of options for shopping, dining and entertainment. During the summer months, Northstar transforms into family-friendly playground offering the region’s best mountain adventure. Families and their four-legged friends will love hiking the easy loop to Sawmill Lake. After a day on the mountain, guests can gather around the fire pit with The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Marshmologist for complimentary s’mores, enjoy cocktails on the resort’s heated outdoor terrace or enjoy a game of bocce in the backyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, Marriott, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Hotel Truckee