“Excellent food and service”
Review of Baxters Bistro & Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baxters Bistro & Lounge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've eaten here the past two times I've gone to Northstar. Love it.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was one of the few restaurants without a wait in the village, so we went in. My teenage son ordered soup as an appetizer and the pasta as his entree. He needed about 1 more appetizer and 2 more entrees. Portions are "gourmet", so needless to say, he was hungry after he finished his first appetizer and his first entree! Probably OK for an adult who is not starving. Nice atmosphere, though and nice bar.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

great food, great drinks! both apres ski and for dinner. We went several times during our week at Northstar and both the food and service were excellent.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This restaurant is now run by the Vail group. The food was average to good but nothing exceptional. Prices were what you would expect at a resort. We had a good meal but were not blown away like we were at other restaurants in the NorthStar area.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Wow, what a joke! Two of the items on the very limited menu were sold out so both may husband and I ordered the pork ribs. Good thing we were not starved because what we received was four small pork ribs. On one side of the plate was maybe two tablespoons of overcooked macaroni with what was a watery powdered cheese mixed in. I am absolutely sure there was not a trace of real cheese in their so called macaroni and cheese. On the other side of the plate was about two tablespoons of a good tasting cole slaw, BUT, it was placed on the hot plate so it was warm and ran into the ribs. It would have been good in its own dish, served cold. The meal came with some good sour dough bread, the only decent thing we ate. I always wonder why people open restaurants when clearly they know nothing about preparing good food. I would have been ashamed to serve this meal to anyone.