“An Exceptional Restaurant in the Mountains”
Review of The Lodge

The Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 118 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Donner Pass Rd.
Reviewed August 11, 2011

After my husband and I golfed at Tahoe Donner last week, we decided to look at The Lodge's menu since we were staying in a home close by...Even though the selection is limited, we decided to give the restaurant a try and came back later that evening---Boy are we glad we did!! I decided to have two small plates, the Prawn Dynamite and the Brick Chicken---both were delicious (and not the typical "small plates" we are used to--they were as large as some of the "full" dinners we get in the Bay area!) My husband had a Caesar Salad and the Turkey & Shitake Meatloaf entree and he said they were excellent too!
I highly recommend the Lodge Restaurant if you are visiting the Truckee/Tahoe area... You will not be disappointed---a great atmosphere, excellent service and delicious food, it doesn't get any better than that!!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The food at the Lodge is excellent and the wait staff has been wonderful we have been to the Lodge multiple times over the last year and have alway enjoyed our visits and meals. The bar is fun also.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

This is the kind of cuisine you would expect at a high end restaurant in SF. Unique menu items along with well done standard fare. We always visit when we are at our second home in the Truckee area.

Reviewed December 2, 2010

an excellent choice for a great dinner, taste are delightful, choices abound with both small and routine sized entres, beautiful setting- both for inside and in summer outside dining

Reviewed March 21, 2010

We celebrated our anniversary here and they made us feel very special and accomodated my gluten food allergy. The duck was unbelievable. The salad I ate had Pomegranate seeds in it and goat cheese I think and it was the best salad I have ever eaten. My husband had the Risotto and he was extremely happy with its' flavor. You can't have a bad meal here. We will be going back.