“Value for $ and hospitality-plus”
Review of Inn at Truckee

Inn at Truckee
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Truckee
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Although we only live some 40 miles south, I needed a room so my son could take a test very early the next morning and I didn't want to drive icy roads at 6 a.m. Certainly not Ritz-fancy but very comfortable, clean and quite spacious. I actually paid for two nights because I planned to stay in the room and work all day on laptop while he took his test even though we'd be heading back home afterward. Front desk people were sooo attentive to whatever we needed (forgotten phone charger, dining suggestions, etc.) and actually ended up refunding me the second night when we left around 5 p.m. - their suggestion, I never even asked! Breakfast while not extensive was enough to fill us up nicely. While the room was nothing more but also nothing less than I expected, the hospitality was over the top!

Room Tip: No idea what "kids activities" there are but the rooms above the reception were very quiet...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The "Inn at Truckee" is a very cosy hotel near Truckee and North Lake Tahoe. The hotel is clean, nice and the room with king size bed is pretty big, including couch, two tables, refrigerator, microwave and TV. Even though they didn't had hair dryer at the room we could get one at the lobby. They have a Guest Laundry with quarters washing machine (one) and dryer (one). The WiFi was slow in most of the time with some high speed bursts. Breakfast had few options but good ones.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eduardo V
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The rooms are clean and well kept. I love the breakfast they offer; it's great to grab something on your way out. The only down side to this hotel is that not every room has a microwave in it. I will definitely be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a family gathering to attend recently. This was a great place to spend the night. Staff were very pleasant. Hot tub very inviting. Continental breakfast was quite a nice selection given the space available. Beds were comfy and rooms were clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SantaRosaCAKim
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived after a day in a hot car, exhausted. I had made my reservation online where they take all of your info -address etc. I had to fill it out all over again - felt like I was handed a quiz with all the info they wanted. Not sure what that was about but she was clearly wanting to play school teacher and scold me. Weird. This is more of a motel. Clean, decent room, pet friendly was handy. We just wanted to stay in and eat from their little Burrito Cafe and not get back in the car. I went down to the Cafe around 8pm to check it out and get a beverage and all looked fine and was open till 10. Returned about 45 minutes later at 8:45 and it was closed. Closed! No dinner for us that day. The reason we were given for the early closure was "uh, someone had a problem and had to go." Double weird. We'd never been to Truckee and were on the outskirts and no other option for dinner was offered up. Breakfast was fine - standard buffet fare. I think they may be a bit understaffed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank VJF57
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very reasonable cost for the area and great proximity to Squaw Valley, Tahoe City, and Donner Lake. The room was clean but could use some updating. It worked out fine for our trip as we only planned on spending time there to shower and sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bdean707
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Price is good but the rooms and the bathrooms need a major update. The breakfast is a joke -- the toaster caught on fire and the day manager took off to get another one, leaving the front desk unmanded for some time. During all of this the local police arrived and left ?? So not a good vale even if the price is cheap. BTW there is a good bagal shop next door so eat there for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truckee
Best Western Plus Truckee-Tahoe Hotel
#7 of 13 in Truckee
Donner Lake Village
Donner Lake Village
#8 of 13 in Truckee

Been to Inn at Truckee? Share your experiences!