“A little Weird”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Truckee
Eureka, cA
“A little Weird”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived after a day in a hot car, exhausted. I had made my reservation online where they take all of your info -address etc. I had to fill it out all over again - felt like I was handed a quiz with all the info they wanted. Not sure what that was about but she was clearly wanting to play school teacher and scold me. Weird. This is more of a motel. Clean, decent room, pet friendly was handy. We just wanted to stay in and eat from their little Burrito Cafe and not get back in the car. I went down to the Cafe around 8pm to check it out and get a beverage and all looked fine and was open till 10. Returned about 45 minutes later at 8:45 and it was closed. Closed! No dinner for us that day. The reason we were given for the early closure was "uh, someone had a problem and had to go." Double weird. We'd never been to Truckee and were on the outskirts and no other option for dinner was offered up. Breakfast was fine - standard buffet fare. I think they may be a bit understaffed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank VJF57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Napa, California
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very reasonable cost for the area and great proximity to Squaw Valley, Tahoe City, and Donner Lake. The room was clean but could use some updating. It worked out fine for our trip as we only planned on spending time there to shower and sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bdean707
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Price is good but the rooms and the bathrooms need a major update. The breakfast is a joke -- the toaster caught on fire and the day manager took off to get another one, leaving the front desk unmanded for some time. During all of this the local police arrived and left ?? So not a good vale even if the price is cheap. BTW there is a good bagal shop next door so eat there for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
Truckee
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was a little worried when my husband booked this hotel, but it turned out to be just fine. Room was outdated, but clean and comfortable. It was a great value in the Truckee-Tahoe area. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Don R
California
Reviewed January 5, 2013

By Tahoe standards, this hotel is inexpensive and a great deal. We stayed one night. Room was basic, clean, and comfortable. No compliants. The staff was very informative, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast was as expected; bagels, muffins, danishs, oatmeal packets, englsih muffins, juice, coffee, hot chocolate. We very much appreciated the complimentary breakfast. Considering this was a quick overnighter so we could be close to the slopes in the morning, it was exactly what I expected for the price I paid. We would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank haj1229
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is by far the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. I was in town on business and needed a place to stay. While the location is convenient to the freeways and highways as well as the lake and food, it is in severe disrepair.

Walking into the hotel it smells old and musty. The windows walking up the stairwells are dirty on the outside and inside with dust and bugs on the ledges. The room "seemed" pretty clean but when taking off my shoes and walking to the bathroom, my feet were black- and that's not an exaggeration! The carpets hide dirt but are filthy. The bathroom was mildewey with peeled and cracking plaster. I've never stayed in such a dirty place and I've stayed in many budget hotels worldwide. I wasn't expecting a luxury room here, but I do expect cleanliness in a hotel no matter the price. I won't be staying here again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone else. We didn't even eat the continental breakfast because my thoughts were- if the room is so filthy what is the food going to be like? Thumbs down for this place!

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Amandakphoto

Travelers are raving about these Truckee hotels

Lincoln CA
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We needed an inexpensive room for just one night and didn't need any costly extras like a pool and such. The Inn provided just that, a clean room that was in good shape where we could get some rest for an early fishing expedition in the morning. The breakfast was minamal but the wife was OK with it, I was not. The help was courteous, location good and all in all it was perfect for our needs especially the price which can be a problem in Truckee. Other reviews here seem negative about cleanliness but that was not our case, though it might be a room to room thing since our room, 108, was not that bad. I don't know if it means anything but we noticed a lot of highway workers (lots of highway maintenance going on on I-80 during the summer) stay here and the place fills up most nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dizzycatz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truckee
Best Western Plus Truckee-Tahoe Hotel
#5 of 5 in Olympic Valley
Truckee Donner Lodge
Truckee Donner Lodge
#7 of 13 in Truckee

Been to Inn at Truckee? Share your experiences!