We go here every summer, it's perfect. Best spot on the lake, and great for kids! A little pricy but worth it to have a kitchen and be right on the water.
There's no pool or spa but there is a beautiful lake right outside your door... The resort has a rental shop for all kinds of fun stuff-- canoes, stand up paddle, pontoon boat, etc. It is a short drive up to Truckee for shopping and restaurants.
Our Donner trip each summer is a highlight, relaxing, fun, beautiful, we have even seen bears! (Put your food away at night)...
We are not snow/ski people but I'm sure the resort in amazing in the winter as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Donner Lake Village is a year-round condominium resort nestled in the pines on the west shore of Donner Lake, one of the Sierra Nevada's most charming and beautiful alpine lakes. Our friendly staff can help you plan your visit, too. Encounter serenity in a one or two-bedroom suite, studio or spacious room complete with microwaves, refrigerators and FREE high speed wireless internet. Easy access to year round activities. In summer enjoy our private beach and marina with boat rentals. In winter hit the slopes at eight nearby world class ski resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Donner Lake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donner Lake Village Hotel Truckee
- Donner Lake Hotel
- Donner Lake Resort
- Donner Lake Village Resort