We booked a Lodgette online and got a studio when we checked in -very nice. Given the reduced price plus upgrade we were quite content with everything, but I think we would have been disappointed had we paid full price.
The receptionists were very friendly, the location is good. Right on Donner Lake and very close to ski areas (e.g. Sugar Bowl 10min, Squaw 20min). There’s also a mini convenience store right across the street.
The kitchen had everything you needed, was clean and housekeeping was excellent. However, the rooms are fairly dated. The bathroom sink was a 70ies yellow, the paint on bathroom walls and door was peeling off....a little grubby, the sleeper sofa for the kids was VERY lumpy (I couldn’t have slept in it…but the kids didn’t care).
So, would we recommend this to my friends - or return? We would go back, if we got a good deal. And I would recommend this, but only to my “non-picky” friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Donner Lake Village is a year-round condominium resort nestled in the pines on the west shore of Donner Lake, one of the Sierra Nevada's most charming and beautiful alpine lakes. Our friendly staff can help you plan your visit, too. Encounter serenity in a one or two-bedroom suite, studio or spacious room complete with microwaves, refrigerators and FREE high speed wireless internet. Easy access to year round activities. In summer enjoy our private beach and marina with boat rentals. In winter hit the slopes at eight nearby world class ski resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Donner Lake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donner Lake Village Hotel Truckee
- Donner Lake Hotel
- Donner Lake Resort
- Donner Lake Village Resort