Right on Donner Lake which is a good alternative to Lake Tahoe, while still fairly close for you to go there for the day/half a day.
The lake is way smaller but the view is gorgeous.
Although dated, rooms are clean, comfortable and quite big.
The only complain we had is that the 2nd bed (coming out of a sofa) was very uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Donner Lake Village is a year-round condominium resort nestled in the pines on the west shore of Donner Lake, one of the Sierra Nevada's most charming and beautiful alpine lakes. Our friendly staff can help you plan your visit, too. Encounter serenity in a one or two-bedroom suite, studio or spacious room complete with microwaves, refrigerators and FREE high speed wireless internet. Easy access to year round activities. In summer enjoy our private beach and marina with boat rentals. In winter hit the slopes at eight nearby world class ski resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Donner Lake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donner Lake Village Hotel Truckee
- Donner Lake Hotel
- Donner Lake Resort
- Donner Lake Village Resort