“I'll be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinity Center
Ripple Creek Cabins
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was such a delight. Beautiful grounds, cool horses, kitties, bicycles, swimming hole. Lots of peace and beauty. Day one I arrived and just chilled out. Day 2 bike ride and more chilling out. Day 3 beautiful drive to a hike to Little Boulder Lake, where I soaked my feet and ate a sandwich. The cabin was lovely, and the little yard with the weber was perfect for my master grilling skills. No lighter fluid needed, as they provided the chimney you can use to light your coals with paper. My dog had a great time. Next time maybe I'll bring Mr. Wonderful with me, too!

Room Tip: I liked #3 just fine. It was small and private and felt like I had the creek to myself.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago for a one week vacation and loved it. The location is remote, but easily accessible. We brought our 2 big dogs and it didn't cost much to add them to the bill. The cabin was plenty big for the four of us (we stayed in #4).

There were just a handful of issues: 1) The couch does really need to be replaced as it slopes down toward the floor and you feel like you're sliding off; 2) The bed was too hard for me and I was achy each morning; and 3) they don't have microwaves in the cabins. You have to go to a central little building to microwave your food. But other than these things, we think it's a great place!

There is good hiking in the Trinity Alps as well as good walking just out on the street. Make a right out of the front gate and keep walking for about 1.5 miles and you'll get to a bridge over the river. Nice spot. Go further and you get to some camping area that's nice for a picnic. The owners will lend you the site bikes for some fun on 2-wheels. One day we went to Trinity Lake and rented a pontoon for a couple of hours. A short walk from the cabins will find you at the river where the owners have "dammed" a portion for a big swimming hole.

There aren't really any restaurants around -- I think there is a pizza joint in Trinity Center, so when we go, we pack some frozen things with dry ice and we are good for a week.

The owners don't bother you and are easy going. We are leaving in a few days for our second week here. We are choosing a different cabin and I hope the bed is softer and the couch more stable!

Room Tip: The little Honeymoon cabin is on the grassy field where you might find Frisbee players, dog walkers...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sjst1
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Ripple Creek Cabins is a place to go to relax and observe the wonders of alpine nature in any season. In the summer the Trinity Alps Wilderness Area is steps away and there is a swimming hole in the Trinity River adjacent to the property. In winter bring your xc skis, snow shoes and a good book because the snow starts early and stays 'til April or May.

My wife and I have stayed here numerous times over the years. We keep coming back because it feels very homey and remote...you don't seem to care what's going on at work while your at Ripple Creek and you can't call in to find out if you did care.

The setting is amazing! The cabins are cozy and rustic and have all the necessary comforts. Each is unique so look them all over and choose one that suits your needs. We have stayed in most of them including the large group cabin.

Room Tip: Check the web site for a room that suits your party and preferences. Ask for advice if that doesn...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I booked a week's stay at Ripple Creek Cabins after finding out several of the stays in the Weaverville area were either closed or unavailable. It was by chance and I received a notice from Meghan almost immediately saying those dates were available.
A deposit of 200$ was required for the reservation and the rest of the payment later. The price was reasonable and the owners are very efficient and prompt. I also like that this is a family owned and run establishment.
We stayed in cabin #3. (Beautiful cabin, by the way) This cabin was stocked with all the modern necessities you'd ever need. There's a wood-burning stove in the bedroom, a heater in the hallway, a kitchen which includes a refrigerator and oven(!) and all the utensils ready for use.
On the grounds, there are a couple of laundry machines and dryers. There's also a badminton/volleyball net, table tennis, bikes, and play area for the young ones.
There's a path from cabin 3 that leads to the river. Half of our stay there, we were inundated with rain, but it was still cozy and we were thankful there was a heater to keep us nice and warm.
This was a great place to escape to for a short while. One great thing about our stay here was that we had almost complete privacy. I like that the owners left us pretty much alone to enjoy the beauty of the Trinity area.
If you get the chance to visit, say hello to the cats and dogs for me :) friendliest animals ever.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

What a great place to stay! The cabins were clean and had everything we needed. A very relaxed place to be. The owners are wonderful, everyone was very helpful about info on things to do. Only 2hours from Ashland! Great place to go even for 2 night. Thank you Ripple Creek!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I here in February for a little r&r and loved it. The drive up from coast and through Weaverville is breathtaking and finding this little place hidden away and creekside was fantastic. We bought groceries in Weaverville and the cabin had all the supplies (pots, pans, knives etc.) we needed to cook some really nice meals. We found bikes to use there and rode all around, played the board games stocked in the room, hiked around a bit and marveled at the number of trail-heads and little lakes you'd be able to access from there in the spring and summer. I'm a little reluctant to share a secret treasure like this but... if someone's willing to make the drive I figure you deserve it. Expect lot's of quiet and be prepared with a full tank of gas and snacks - it's a long way from a town. Make sure to drive through the town of Lewiston on your way in or out and take the dam road so you can see the little lake, lots of fish, eagles and wildlife there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank figgymoonpowda
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife's first impression as we arrived to Ripple Creek Cabins was on the surroundings. Swiss Alps! No wonder they call this area Trinity Alps. Anyway... the cabins. This is a small property - only six cabins and a larger house. The cabins are separate enough that you feel in a private area. Everything is wonderfully maintained, The owners are always working on the property, and are very friendly. They keep everything very nice and tidy. All of it is surrounded by forest trees and a creek (which due to the excess rain and late snowfalls this year was running quite high) and the main river.

The inside of the cabins is very well thought after, very clean, and the beds (always a complain of us) were very comfortable. The kitchen had everyhing we needed, but as the owners suggest on the website, bring enough food for your stay. There are a couple of stores on a 15-min to 20-min car ride radius, so there are ways to supplement or get everything there, but once you are in the property, the last thing on our minds was to get in the car. Probably my only complaints were that the cat (Thomas) was too friendly (I am slightly allergic to cats) and the creek sounded like an infinite train (due to the melting snow, etc it was very high) instead of the quiet, meditating, drippling sound a creek should make :-) As you can see, there are really no complaints.

Parting note? We booked a couple more days for this coming August.

Room Tip: All cabins are good - get one that fits your party
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DeLeon1011

Been to Ripple Creek Cabins? Share your experiences!