“Rest & Relaxation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turtle Rocks Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Turtle Rocks Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Trinidad B&B and Inns
North Highlands
“Rest & Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

My husband & I needed to get away for some rest and relaxation from the ratrace that we face everyday in the Capital City. I found the Turtle Rocks Inn on a website and called to book a 2-night stay.

The host (Roger) & hostess (Francine) were very hospitable in every way. We had coffee, drinks, and snacks whenever we wanted, and the breakfasts were wonderful. The food was not only delicious, but was beautifully presented.

Our room was decorated so lovely, and the view of the ocean was absolutely breath-taking. Besides the ocean view, the second best part of the room was the bed. Both my husband & myself had been having troubles sleeping in the other motel/hotel rooms we were in prior to coming to Trinidad. We slept like babies both nights on the CA king bed that they provided in our room. It was so nice and comfortable, that I had to contact them to get the make and model so we can go buy one that is just like it or at least similar to it.

I highly recommend the Turtle Rocks Inn for a most delightful stay, and who knows, you may just see a whale or two swimming just a few hundred yards out in the sea!

D & J Petermeyer
North Highlands, CA

• Liked — The ocean view & the comfortable bed
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CapCity2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2008

We stopped here while traveling the coast based on an ad in the 101 things to do paper. We were very lucky as it was awesome. The Inn is set right on top of the cliffs above the sea and all the rooms have ocean views and private ocean view decks. A quiet neighborhood not far from trinidad, close to patrick's point . The furnishings were nice, comfortable, yet still had a simple uncluttered style with a few antiques mixed in. We stayed downstairs in room #2. All rooms have king beds and ours was wonderful! The room was very large and so was bathroom. Tub is huge!
The inn has complimentary Tea & desserts every afternoon- my husband devoured the cookies and pronounced them the best! I had a wonderful lemon meringue pie and blueberry coffee cake. They had a huge selection of teas, coffee, juice, water, sodas..... available all of the time.
Some thoughtful details included spotting scope and binnoculars to borrow while viewing the ocean. Also tons of magazines to relax with. We loved that our room had indoor ocean viewing from the couch in our room, outdoor private ocean view porch off of the room, common living area with large windows to ocean, and small glassed decks located just down the cliff to get even closer to the ocean. All of this was great but breakfast sealed the deal! A Delicious mushroom cheese quiche, herb potatoes with fresh salsa, hot rolls, cranberry coffee cake, sliced fruit, yogurt, yummy granola, and of course the teas, juices, and coffee! There were several repeat guests there that told us they had stayed in almost every room and loved them all. The hosts were very nice to chat with and helpful ( restaurant reservations, towels to wipe off wet bikes, ice for coolers). I wish we had more time to stay! the rates were very reasonable for the area and I don't think any rooms are over $240 regardless of season. The off season prices are a steal for the area and you still get the amazing experience($180). We saw whales & sealions from our room and loved cuddling on the couch eating dessert while watching the sunset. I am definitely saving this one for a repeat trip!

• Liked — Ocean views everywhere- Delicous breakfast
  • Disliked — Not enough cookies (seriously- hubby is still talking about them), limited restaurants in area
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paradise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

Turtle Rocks Inn Bed and Breakfast is, “Simply The Best”. When you walk into this immaculate bed and breakfast you are greeted by either Francine or Roger who are obviously devoted to the home. Francine and Roger have a wealth of information about the area, and take time to visit and share the knowledge with each and every visitor. The rooms are very spacious and all with spectacular views. The soft rich bed linens and accessories are beautifully coordinated in every room. Oh my, did I mention the absolutely delicious breakfast and home made afternoon baked goodies. The cookies and Lemon Meringue Pie are to die for.

I have recommended the Turtle Rocks Inn to many of my fellow co-workers and they all feel the same way. I know, without any hesitation, you will not only fall in love with Turtle Rock’s Inn, but you will continue to visit this picturesque bed and breakfast for years to come.
Janet & Burgess Thorup

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — loved everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2008

After reading a few negative reviews we took their advise and booked for only one night. What a mistake. This place is wonderful! We were greeted warmly and shown to our spacious rooms known as the Suite. Only one word to describe it "spectacular". With its large windows, dramatic ocean view, and breathing in the sea air it was a truly a relaxing experience. Also enjoyed the sounds of the surf pounding softly enough to put you to sleep. Step out on the large deck overlooking the bluff, and feel your troubles float away as you relax in your chair. The extra large tub for two was wonderful. There were bath salts for our use too. The afternoon goodies were wonderful. Sipping tea and munching on home-made chocolate chip cookies and rum bundt cake was soooo good. After a restful night sleep in a comfortable king-size bed we were given a delicious breakfast. While we were eating we peeked out the window and saw a couple of deer grazing on vegetation. Thank you Francine for your gracious hospitality. We will return and our stay will be longer.

• Liked — Stunning view, Serene, Peaceful, Sound of the ocean, Homemade chocolate chip cookies
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008
Arcata, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

We knew there wouldn’t be a fireplace. We knew breakfast wouldn’t be till 9 a.m. But who knew that for $275 a night (including tax, and charged against your credit card in advance) there wouldn’t be a hair dryer or a shower cap or hand lotion or even a pen and paper? And there were other surprises: the king-size bed had a comfortable mattress but very coarse flannel sheets. The bathroom towels were so skimpy they couldn’t be wrapped around you and tucked in to double as a coverup in lieu of the nonexistent robe. The morning coffee was good, but it was only served downstairs after 7 a.m, which meant getting completely dressed for that first eye-opener (no robe, remember?). For this price, one expects more attention to the small amenities.

Nevertheless, and in spite of the perpetually barking sea lions, the place was made congenial by its high ceilings, dimmable sconce lights, private deck overlooking the ocean, and good sound insulation from the neighbors—the people, that is. The wi-fi worked, there was a nice TV in an armoire, and the hostess made first-rate cookies.

Now if they could just do something about that junky furniture . . .

6 Thank Lucero
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

Do not stay at this place. We paid over $250 for one night and it was horrible. Our bed sagged so dramatically that we both woke up with sore backs-- it ruined the rest of our trip. When we notified the owners, they didn't seem to care. Then we sent a follow-up letter explaining what had happened. One the owners called me to explain that it was physically impossible for the bed to sag. When I explained that our bed definitely sagged (a lot), he said that our experience didn't matter to him and that we must be crazy and then he hung up on me. Bizarre. Also, while the location is good, it is usually completely fogged in there during the times most people want to go.

• Liked — it had internet access
  • Disliked — Rude Owners, terrible bed
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank HappyTraveler747
Mill Valley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2007

When I made my reservation I talked to each of the owners, Roger and Francine. I noticed right off that they were really friendly. Francine offered to put out an early breakfast for my son and I because we needed to go to a college tour which started when their normal breakfast is served.
The next morning when I made some kind of comment about not liking sausage that much Francine offered to make scrambled eggs for my son and I. It made me feel almost like I was a guest in their home. They live on the premises so it is easy to get this feeling.
And finally as another special act of kindness, when my son left something behind that was dear to him and me, Francine mailed it Express Mail to us so that we would get it sooner.
We had very comfortable accommodations with everything that we could have wanted. The food was excellent and the views from the room were wonderful. We listened to one very loud seal one of the nights, which was fine, along with the sounds of the ocean. Very relaxing.
I think that this inn is special because of the owners who really do care about their guests and want them to be happy.
I would definitely look forward to staying there if I go to Trinidad again.

• Liked — The location and the owners, who were very very nice.
  • Disliked — Perhaps the style of the furniture but it is not important.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank RustyMillValley_CA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
View Crest Lodge
Carter House Inns
#4 of 21 in Eureka
Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA
Eagle House Victorian Inn

Been to Turtle Rocks Inn? Share your experiences!