Turtle Rocks Inn
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Trinidad Inn(Trinidad)
Priceline
All reviewscoffee cakequichecookiescakesgranolaturkey baconcold drinksspectacular viewswonderful birthdaygood pointsprivate deckcrashing wavesfriendly hostshuge bathtubbig rockslept with the windows openafternoon goodies
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Turtle Rocks Inn Bed and Breakfast is, “Simply The Best”. When you walk into this immaculate bed and breakfast you are greeted by either Francine or Roger who are obviously devoted to the home. Francine and Roger have a wealth of information about the area, and take time to visit and share the knowledge with each and every visitor. The rooms are very spacious and all with spectacular views. The soft rich bed linens and accessories are beautifully coordinated in every room. Oh my, did I mention the absolutely delicious breakfast and home made afternoon baked goodies. The cookies and Lemon Meringue Pie are to die for.

I have recommended the Turtle Rocks Inn to many of my fellow co-workers and they all feel the same way. I know, without any hesitation, you will not only fall in love with Turtle Rock’s Inn, but you will continue to visit this picturesque bed and breakfast for years to come.
Janet & Burgess Thorup

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2008

After reading a few negative reviews we took their advise and booked for only one night. What a mistake. This place is wonderful! We were greeted warmly and shown to our spacious rooms known as the Suite. Only one word to describe it "spectacular". With its large windows, dramatic ocean view, and breathing in the sea air it was a truly a relaxing experience. Also enjoyed the sounds of the surf pounding softly enough to put you to sleep. Step out on the large deck overlooking the bluff, and feel your troubles float away as you relax in your chair. The extra large tub for two was wonderful. There were bath salts for our use too. The afternoon goodies were wonderful. Sipping tea and munching on home-made chocolate chip cookies and rum bundt cake was soooo good. After a restful night sleep in a comfortable king-size bed we were given a delicious breakfast. While we were eating we peeked out the window and saw a couple of deer grazing on vegetation. Thank you Francine for your gracious hospitality. We will return and our stay will be longer.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed September 13, 2007

We knew there wouldn’t be a fireplace. We knew breakfast wouldn’t be till 9 a.m. But who knew that for $275 a night (including tax, and charged against your credit card in advance) there wouldn’t be a hair dryer or a shower cap or hand lotion or even a pen and paper? And there were other surprises: the king-size bed had a comfortable mattress but very coarse flannel sheets. The bathroom towels were so skimpy they couldn’t be wrapped around you and tucked in to double as a coverup in lieu of the nonexistent robe. The morning coffee was good, but it was only served downstairs after 7 a.m, which meant getting completely dressed for that first eye-opener (no robe, remember?). For this price, one expects more attention to the small amenities.

Nevertheless, and in spite of the perpetually barking sea lions, the place was made congenial by its high ceilings, dimmable sconce lights, private deck overlooking the ocean, and good sound insulation from the neighbors—the people, that is. The wi-fi worked, there was a nice TV in an armoire, and the hostess made first-rate cookies.

Now if they could just do something about that junky furniture . . .

6  Thank Lucero
Reviewed August 24, 2007

Do not stay at this place. We paid over $250 for one night and it was horrible. Our bed sagged so dramatically that we both woke up with sore backs-- it ruined the rest of our trip. When we notified the owners, they didn't seem to care. Then we sent a follow-up letter explaining what had happened. One the owners called me to explain that it was physically impossible for the bed to sag. When I explained that our bed definitely sagged (a lot), he said that our experience didn't matter to him and that we must be crazy and then he hung up on me. Bizarre. Also, while the location is good, it is usually completely fogged in there during the times most people want to go.

4  Thank HappyTraveler747
Reviewed July 18, 2007

When I made my reservation I talked to each of the owners, Roger and Francine. I noticed right off that they were really friendly. Francine offered to put out an early breakfast for my son and I because we needed to go to a college tour which started when their normal breakfast is served.
The next morning when I made some kind of comment about not liking sausage that much Francine offered to make scrambled eggs for my son and I. It made me feel almost like I was a guest in their home. They live on the premises so it is easy to get this feeling.
And finally as another special act of kindness, when my son left something behind that was dear to him and me, Francine mailed it Express Mail to us so that we would get it sooner.
We had very comfortable accommodations with everything that we could have wanted. The food was excellent and the views from the room were wonderful. We listened to one very loud seal one of the nights, which was fine, along with the sounds of the ocean. Very relaxing.
I think that this inn is special because of the owners who really do care about their guests and want them to be happy.
I would definitely look forward to staying there if I go to Trinidad again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business