“american express credit card”
Review of Larrupin Cafe

Larrupin Cafe
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Trinidad
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Vista, California
“american express credit card”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Drove by the restuarant on 12-24-2012 to see what restuarant was all about. Wanted to take our son and his girlfriend for a nice dinner before leaving the area. My wife called on 12-24-2012 to find out what type of payment they took. She was directed to a voice recording since no one was there yet. She received a return call that afternoon. My wife asked if they took American Express credit card as payment and was told they did. when the bill came I was surprised when the waitress came back to advise us that they DO NOT ACCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS as payment. I informed the waitress that my wife had called in advance and was told they did. We went for dinner the evening of 12-26-2012 and had a delicious meal. The waitress we had was rather bothered by some of our not knowing the normal ritual of their restuarant. If you choose to visit this establishment be forewarned that they DO NOT ACCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS as payment even though they tell you they do. I think it is a ploy to get you to their place. Fortunately we had back up to pay. Hate to think what would of happened if we couldn't. Word of advice. Try to get the younger waitress. The OLDER waitress is somewhat snotty if you get my drift. Food is good but the help could use a tune up..

• Visited December 2012

Eureka, Ca
“Fabulous Food, Eclectic Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favorite local restaurant. The food board is a wonderful start...local cheeses, pate and the famous Larrupin sauce. I have tried everything on the menu except the vegetarian options. All excellent. Many of our guests LOVE the brisket. Great selection of wines, beautiful gardens....personable service. Thumbs up!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank finewine35
Houston, TX
“Ambience and very good food!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When I say good, I not only mean taste but good as in organic, home grown or locally supplied. The fish is fresh and fabulously prepared by chef/owner who greets his guests individually in the beautifully decorated dining room. Very elegantly homey atmosphere! I will be going back! You must sample the goat cheese mousse with raspberry sauce, sounds a little different but you will think you are in heaven with one bite, and almost no guilt.
If you go in the summer the patio, with live music, is really sweet!

• Visited October 2012
Santa Cruz
“Had an excellent dinner on Halloween”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Larrupin Cafe was decorated with lots of Halloween regalia, one of the few restaurants open. We had tasty meals including their special cheese and fruit board appetizer. One of us had the duck, the other the salmon special (one of the tastiest salmon dishes ever).

Visited November 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Love it here! Been coming here for years and still so good.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The atmosphere is eclectic, relaxing and homey. The food here is really good. I wouldn't say it is totally amazing but it is very good. I have been here alot. Celebrated my ex boyfriend's graduation here and have lots of fond memories of this place. For me there is something soulful about the place and considering I spent most of my 20's in this area I guess I can see why. The restaurant has beautiful views and is really not to be missed!

• Visited May 2012