Trinidad Inn
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastfire pitfull kitchendefinitely stay here againfresh fruitkitchen areabeautiful areacomfy bedclose to townroad tripconvenient locationredwood treesone night stayrooms are spacioussmall townhidden gemcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2010

-Room was freezing upon entering.
-Walls were paper-thin (could hear every drawer/cabinet/door being opened and closed in the next room).
-Had to kill a HUGE black spider with my shampoo bottle during my morning shower (which kept going cold anytime anyone in my room turned on the water in the kitchen).
-Had trouble flushing the toilet.
-Owner called our room at nearly 9 pm the night before we checked out demanding that we pay for our stay (insinuating that we were going to skip out on the bill the next morning).
NOTE: My father is white, and my mother is filipino. I have stayed here 3 other times with my family, but the owner only dealt with my WHITE father. This time, it was me, my filipino mother, and my hispanic girlfriends (all women of color). NEVER before had the owner demanded payment prior to checkout. What was different this time???? I will NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jvs007
Reviewed October 18, 2010

While on a trip up the coast found this great little lost treasure. Quit and comfortable and great customer service. Breakfast was even included in the price. Recommend this to anyone traveling through the area, very clean and quit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MountainGem
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is a lovely Inn nestled in the Redwoods. Nice continental breakfast served outside. Great rooms with down comforters. Inn is run by very nice and friendly people. All around a great place to stay. Prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pie440
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed here with my 2 year old son and 8 year old daughter on a trip back to Humboldt to visit friends. Didn't want to to stay in a generic motel in Arcata off 101. Plus I wanted a kitchen to be able to do light cooking and store food and drinks.

When we arrived, my daughter exclaimed with happiness "It's so nice!" and it was. The room was light and airy, the really comfortable beds had white down comforters and pillows. The bathroom was spacious and modern featuring Kohler appliances, and we all fit in the huge shower.
The kitchen was clean and modern. It had a fridge, new stove, and coffee maker and basic dishes and utensils. I really appreciated not having to eat out every meal with 2 kids.
I will definitely stay here again. I don't mind that it is about 15 minutes from Arcata. It's a gorgeous drive and Trinidad can be sunny even when Arcata is overcast.

The grounds were nice enough, and there was coffee/tea and muffins set up every morning. This was a great place (even for families with young kids)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank sabrinakabella
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Trinidad inn is a great place to stay, quite comfortable and the rooms are great. My husband and I stayed in one of the suite, and the king size bed was one of the MOST comfortable beds I ever slept in!!! The back yard is a small redwood park, unbelievable.
If you are a motorcycle rider, you want to stop here, the owner is a rider herself and she completely understands the needs of motorbike riders, she offered us to park the bikes in the back of the inn and gave us towels in the morning to dry the bikes...We were happy.
Also if you like wine stop at the Moonstone Crossing winery in downtown Trinidad

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple