“Lovely setting”
Review of Trinidad Inn

Trinidad Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on our way to Washington State, to explore the Redwood National Park area. We enjoyed it very much. The room was clean and very pleasant, and the bed was quite comfortable. The grounds were gorgeous; someone who loves gardening and is good at it is caring for this place. The breakfast was quite nice - I had no options other than fruit and tea, since I can't have refined sugar, but I understand that this is an unusual restriction and I didn't expect it to be accommodated. We did have some trouble with the heat in our room. The dial was not trustworthy; the room became much warmer than the setting we had chosen and then would not cool down - but on the second night we adjusted our setting and it was fine. The only other concern we had was that the shower (we were in Room 9 which has only a shower) was quite tiny. Neither of us are big people and we managed all right, but a larger person might have been unable to manage. We felt the price was great for the area and the accommodations.

Room Tip: Room 9 is very basic but priced accordingly - however it has a very small shower. A large, broad-sh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anita B

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family and I booked the two bedroom w/kitchen and fire pit room. The couches in the living room were very comfy. There was a big flat screen TV that we neglected because we spent all of our time by the fire outside but it was nice to have the option if we wanted it. The rooms were spotlessly clean. Our breakfast was provided on time even though we were leaving SUPER early. If I remember correctly: fresh fruit, coffee, muffins and juice. The manager was very friendly and the grounds were kept beautifully. We were about 15 minutes from everything. It was a short drive to hiking trails, town and it wasn't too far to a wine tasting room. All of that and it still felt remote and quiet. The redwoods are amazing!! Can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dskorzan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Recently stayed a night at the Inn, which is everything reviews have been saying. Not fancy, but very comfortable and clean. Service was accomadating and friendly. Morning coffee and muffins were a plus. Bed was super comfortable. Stayed with wife, son and our dog. Only pet friendly room remaining had just a queen bed, but they provided a roll away and there was still plenty of space in the room. Kitchen area another nice plus. Would highly recommend as a base for exploring the redwoods.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jn1952
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I love places like this not chains but clean and quaint. We found it. Our room is big with flat screen TV and gas fire stove. The bed was perfect. To my surprise this morning, we had real spoons and coffee cups in our room for coffee. It is cozy like a cabin(no noise) but no mustiness. Would stay here over and over again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Suzybee51
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here four nights on our trip to see the redwoods and we couldn't have been more pleased. The property is tucked back in the woods maybe a mile outside the tiny town of Trinidad, and very easy to get to, just a bit off 101. It's a lovely place with well kept grounds. The manager, who is a wonderful lady, serves a continental breakfast in the gazebo until 11 AM, which is nice for those of us who are late risers.

We stayed in the townhouse. The kitchen was small but cozy, and the living/dining room is roomy. The gas fireplace was so pleasant. Upstairs was a huge bedroom with three double beds and a gigantic walk-in closet. It was a bit overkill for two people but very nice. Would be perfect for a family with kids, especially if you also rented the adjoining suite.

The only downside was that the bathroom had a shower stall, and no bathtub. I'm a huge fan of baths so that was a little bit disappointing, but everything else was so great that I didn't really mind.

One fun little detail: the property has a firepit surrounded by comfy deck chairs. We made many friends at the place and spent a lot of happy hours around the fire laughing, sharing stories and roasting hot dogs and s'mores. I think it's the friendliest place I've ever stayed. I hope we'll get to come back someday!

Room Tip: If you're going on a family trip or a trip with a lot of friends, you can rent the townhouse and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jordana J
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stopped here over night on a road trip from Texas to British Columbia. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. In the morning they had a small breakfast in the gazebo. It was a very refreshing stay after a long journey.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king suite.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MeliMag
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with our small dogs and were very pleased with the room which had a kitchen and with the grounds which were very dog friendly. It was beautiful and quiet and our only regret was we only stayed 2 nights. The area is wonderful and this location puts you in easy reach of Arcata as well as the lovely parks and sights in the area. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BobK729
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
View Crest Lodge
Carter House Inns
#4 of 21 in Eureka
Town House Motel - Historic Old Town
Emerald Forest Cabins & RV

Been to Trinidad Inn? Share your experiences!