“A Little Slice of Heaven!”
Review of Trinidad Inn

Trinidad Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Arlington, TX
“A Little Slice of Heaven!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

The Inn is nestled in a redwood grove. When we met Joann, we felt like family! The room had a kitchenette with full size refrg, stove and microwave. The bathroom is a little small but workable - It has a hairdryer. Everything was clean and neat as a pin, Breakfast is included: Coffee or tea, muffins and fresh fruit await you in the gazebo! It is ready at 7 but if needed earlier, just ask! We highly recommend the Trinidad Inn ~ We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gonzo810

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston, MA.
Reviewed March 25, 2011

After a long day of driving from Mendocino and along the Avenue of the Giants, arriving at "Joanne's place" as the locals call it, I found all of the comforts of home...and a few upgrades. The Trinidad Inn is just north of town, just off the road a bit, and nestled in its own redwood grove. Upon arrival , Joanne, the proprietor, spent some time with me gauging my interests and made great recommendations for sight-seeing and dining. My "room" was an efficiency with a well equipped kitchen, immaculate accommodations, an updated and very comfortable bathroom, and one of the most comfortable beds with high-end linens...a surprise, really, in this little remote "town" on the cliffs. It was so nice to hear the rain on the roof, and NOTHING else!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank BlissedOutBoston_MA_
Stockton
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My wife and I recently had the most adorable stay at Trinidad Inn; it was one of our many visits over more than a three year span. The manager (Joanne) always makes everyone of our visits memorable but this visit was even more memorable due to the fact our stay was during Christmas season. To our surprise she saw us on Christmas Eve and came over to wish my wife and me, greeting us by first names, wishing us a Merry Christmas and gave us a traditional hug. I am a Black American and my wife is of Caucasian race. I would like to thank Joanne for a great stay!
I will recommend Trinidad Inn to all my co-workers, friends and families that when visiting the area looking for a clean, quite and family orientated place to stay in a friendly environment; this is the place to visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BethStockton
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed one night...Nice clean rooms, Very friendly front desk...Offered to make us a fire to roast marshmallows...Got us set up with bar-b-q...Will definitely Stay there next time I am in the redwoods

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank nw1955
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We have visited Trinidad many times over the years, but...we have only stayed at the Trinidad Inn once.

Our stay at the Trinidad Inn was OK. Not great, but...OK, and we would go back. When visiting places out in the woods you kind of have to go with the flow. There is a reason that there is no "Hilton" in Trinidad. However, there are numerous other reasons to visit...like Patrick's Point and many other nature experiences.

I only wish I had done one thing differently. Due to the tall redwoods, our room was kind of dark and in the shade. The rooms on the north side of the property looked like they were in the sun.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ebrynnie
Chico, CA
Reviewed October 18, 2010

-Room was freezing upon entering.
-Walls were paper-thin (could hear every drawer/cabinet/door being opened and closed in the next room).
-Had to kill a HUGE black spider with my shampoo bottle during my morning shower (which kept going cold anytime anyone in my room turned on the water in the kitchen).
-Had trouble flushing the toilet.
-Owner called our room at nearly 9 pm the night before we checked out demanding that we pay for our stay (insinuating that we were going to skip out on the bill the next morning).
NOTE: My father is white, and my mother is filipino. I have stayed here 3 other times with my family, but the owner only dealt with my WHITE father. This time, it was me, my filipino mother, and my hispanic girlfriends (all women of color). NEVER before had the owner demanded payment prior to checkout. What was different this time???? I will NEVER stay here again.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jvs007
Lake tahoe, Nevada
Reviewed October 18, 2010

While on a trip up the coast found this great little lost treasure. Quit and comfortable and great customer service. Breakfast was even included in the price. Recommend this to anyone traveling through the area, very clean and quit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MountainGem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
View Crest Lodge
Carter House Inns
#4 of 21 in Eureka
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eureka
Emerald Forest Cabins & RV

Been to Trinidad Inn? Share your experiences!