“Best steak I've had in a long time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Restaurant

Sunset Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 13 Restaurants in Trinidad
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An enticing new menu, specialty cocktails and that always breathtaking view await you at the new Sunset Restaurant at Cher-Ae Heights Casino. Casual Humboldt County dining that will absolutely delight your senses. Sunset Restaurant at Cher-Ae Heights Casino truly brings the Pacific to your plate. Enjoy a menu focused on local ingredients, featuring sublime seafood, steaks, pasta and more, prepared by a top-notch culinary staff. Expect a true culinary and sensory experience as you watch the sun dip slowly into the sea. Enjoy inspired nightly specials seven days a week. Sunset Restaurant welcomes the whole family with an option for everyone. This is also the perfect venue for your special occasions and private parties. Ask about our special event menu with choices that can't be rivaled. Enjoy an amazing cocktail at the premier North Coast bar, the Sunset Bar. Creative fresh fruit cocktails, an expansive martini menu and a variety of specialty house-infused spirits will make your evening a true delight. Make sure to ask the bartender about all the new offerings; there is sure to be a libation perfectly suited for your evening. Partake in well crafted drinks before your meal either at the gorgeous Sunset Bar or in the relaxing seating area. Post up at one of our bistro-style tables and enjoy some great appetizers with your cocktail while enjoying the view as the sunsets over Trinidad Bay.
“Best steak I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was our first experience at the Sunset Grill inside the Cher-Ae Casino in Trinidad. My brother & sister-in-law had eaten here before and recommended it. We were so pleased from the moment we were greeted by the hostess, taken to a great table with an excellent view, taken great care of by our server and absolutely enchanted with the entertainment for the evening. For a Friday evening, it was rather quiet, so we got to personally chat with and be serenaded by Michael Dayvid, who is a very talented singer/song-writer. The food was superb! My steak was perfectly done, and the grilled veggies were exactly, if not more, than I had hoped for. There were 6 of us for dinner and everyone agreed that the meal was excellent. We highly recommend this restaurant -- and also were happy to find an entrance that didn't take us through the casino and the usual smoke.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CherAeHeights, Manager at Sunset Restaurant, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We are very happy to hear about your wonderful experience at Sunset Restaurant. I have made sure to let our chef and staff know about the accolade. There are always exciting changes to our menu and specials and we love that we have exceeded your expectations.

Redding
“What a View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

There were three of us for dinner on 1/2/2014. It opened at 5:00 pm and it was just in time to see a fantastic sunset. Our food server was very attentive and very polite. We all had the "early bird special". There were three, but we decided to have the fresh rock cod. It was lightly battered and fried. Crisp on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. It could not have been done any better. It came with two sides and a small dessert. All for $20. The monies were well spent. We have had dinner there before and will eat there again. We highly recommend this restaurant. Could not be happier with the food and the view.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank JoeandTeresa
Eureka, California, United States
“Food getting better & better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Having eaten here several times before, I wasn't expecting much but this meal was exceptional! We had some 'casino cash' to spend so decided to have dinner at the Sunset. They seated us by the corner window with the view of Trinidad Bay. Our server was Riley-great service, attentive. Got the prime rib (early bird special, no kidding!) that came with garlic potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and sautéed zucchini & yellow squash. Liking a more well done piece, I ordered the end cut-it was AMAZING; well seasoned, tender and just enough fat. Vegetables cooked al dente and the popovers (Yorkshire) were seasoned not plain. The au jus was the most flavorful I've ever had anywhere so I asked if they could save it along with my doggie bag. My only complaint? Why didn't they add my popovers?? I was so disappointed when I ate my leftovers for lunch the next day and it wasn't there. Oh well, everything else was great and that's more than OK with me.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Angela3950
Grass Valley, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The setting is just wonderful. A beautiful view over the marina and anchored boats right around sunset. The service was very good right from the start. The wine that my wife chose was a bit too tart and Ashley, our waitress was very gracious and offered another, which was very nice
My seafood alfredo was great and my wife's salmon perfect.
An overall nice dining experience in the north coast area.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank illusionsefx
McKinleyville, California
“What Happened?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This has been a pretty acceptable place to eat, and the quality of the food served was still good, but no one was there. The first and foremost thing I noticed was that the prices have gone way up. I was a little put off as I assume the restaurant is partially subsidized by the Casino. I guess I am not a fan of any casino eating. I could hardly enjoy my meal because I couldn't take my eyes off the prices. I had wanted to eat some place else, but was overruled by my eating companions.

The meal was very good in spite of my troubles about the upcoming bill. I had Ahi tuna and it was actually excellent. All eating enjoyed the food, it's just the prices were such a turn off I doubt that I will consider returning.

4 Thank CinSav
CherAeHeights, Manager at Sunset Restaurant, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I realize this is a late reply, but I am new here and am actively responding to the old reviews. I am sorry to hear about your experience with us and I agree with you about the pricing getting out of hand. This is something that has been looked at and adjusted. The menu is vastly better and the prices are more reasonable. We have hired a new Food and Beverage Manager who is going to bring many exciting changes to our restaurant and make Sunset Restaurant a venue worthy of the view. We have been working hard with our staff and management and hope, given the chance, future experiences with us will be above reproach.