“Peaceful and beautiful ”

Patrick's Point State Park
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Trinidad
More attraction details
Owner description: A little-known state park that offers a re-creation of a Yurok village, campsites and hiking trails to fine beaches.
San Mateo, California
200 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 317 helpful votes
“Peaceful and beautiful ”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I did not arrive at the park until late and decided to go to the coast. Got to see the Wedding Rock when the evening sun was about to set. Beautiful view if the coast line. Would definitely come earlier next time to see other parts of the park.

Walnut Creek, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful little hike on the coast”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stopped here with my fiancee on a weekend and had a wonderful afternoon. We hiked around for about two hours and saw some amazing waves crashing against the rocks. Along the trails there are verdant ferns and soft lighting. It's a must see if you have an hour or two while driving by on 101. There is also a stunning view from Wedding Rock along the trail.

Visited March 2014
“NOT CPAP Friendly”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

1st time visit and I knew I would need something for my CPAP to run on because this is a no to limited power park. I had all my batteries and adapteres and it wasn't cutting it. Only 4 hours of battery. We were next to a Camp Host who had power who promptly told me to "To bad" So I go find the Ranger, Lazy SOB that he is. Never returned my calls, got my messages or turned the power on so I could use my CPAP. EFFF him and the lazy staff.

Having said that.... The park is Beautiful and our stay was great, even though it rained for the 3 days were were there. Signs everywhere saying not to use fallen wood and ONLY buy there wood. LOL ya right. We burned all the down limbs we could find. Sites are pretty decent adn the walk to Patricks Point and Wedding Rock are fun and the view is amazing! Saw 2 whales as well. The trip was fun, the staff killed it. We WILL NOT be coming back here EVER, but I'm glad I tried it once.

Ames, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pretty & Peaceful”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a quieter state park that we really enjoyed. The views were wonderful; we especially enjoyed walking along the beach and Wedding Rock. Camp sites were nice as well. It really was one of the gems of our whole trip. Such a peaceful place!

Camp Connell, CA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A beautiful place”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a gem of a park, with excellent camping sites, hiking trails, beaches and views.
Like all state parks, it is understaffed but the people are working hard to make it a good experience and deal with a backlog of maintenance issues. The hot showers were not always hot, and the Visitor Center is open on a limited schedule, but that is common is California parks since public tax support has fallen off in the past decade. Regardless, it is a great park.
Be aware that a couple of the hiking trails need maintenance: part of the rim trail has collapsed and you have to work around it, and the steep trail to Agate Beach is in serious disrepair, making it difficult if you are not in good physical condition.
But the park offers agates to pick up on the beach classic coastal views from the bluffs, deer in the meadow, hiking trails at all levels of challenge, and a wide range of camp sites for tents or RVs.
Take warm clothing as even in summer the foggy mornings can be chilly.
We have been there three times and will go back again.

1 Thank shlamont