“A Yearly family trip”
Review of Sea Cliff Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Sea Cliff Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Trinidad
Reviewed April 2, 2013

What a cool place! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet getaway. This year was the second year in a row that my family and I have visited the Sea Cliff and it won’t be the last. It sure is reassuring to visit a place that offers such a fair price for so much room. Where else can you get a two twin beds, a second room with a queen bed, kitchen, and your own attached garage for $105.00. If you’re looking for a pent house, you’re going to have to go somewhere else, but I wasn’t, and I will be going back every year.

Room Tip: Room 4 works great for families. With the two twin beds in the front room and a queen in the back r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were looking for a pet friendly cabin experience and were very frustrated by the general lack of places that allow pets in northern california. Sea Cliff was recommended by another hotel and exceeded our expectations in every regard.

Our room (#4) included a full kitchen with a gas stove, a queen bed and 2 single beds. The decor is rustic to an extreme, but that was exactly what we were looking for. Despite the retro nature, the room had a flat screen TV and Wi-fi.

The owners are fantastic and friendly and provided everything we needed to make our short stay pleasant. As we were traveling with a dog, the extreme pet friendly nature of the dog owning owners was much appreciated.

The location, just north of Trinidad, is excellent and the property was quiet and wooded.

If you are looking for an antiseptic chain hotel, than by all means stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Arcata. If you are looking for a rustic experience in the woods, with most of the modern conveniences, than Sea Cliff is a great option.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I hate to review this, since the lady who helped us was so nice, but we want to warn other travelers to beware of this place. We get the heebie geebies and ooh gross feelings just thinking about it. Good: the lady, pet-friendly. Bad: everything else. Dirty musty smelly everything; the stench hung thick in the air. Heaters were portable space heaters and didn't warm up the room until the time we woke up the next morning. Hairs in the shower. Oh my gosh, I can't believe we actually slept there. We were so exhausted we didn't care, but then we spent the entire trip back wondering whether we got crabs or lice or something and bleached/sanitized all our clothes and belongings. There will definitely be no next time. We will sleep in the car or drive hours even to find a nicer place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Laura W
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I recently spent time in Trinidad for Thanksgiving with some friends...Unfortunately there house was not so dog friendly, and having my dog with me, needed to find a quiet pace for the evening for my pup and I. I was greeted warmly as soon as I pulled up. The room was clean, and cozy, and quiet as well. While I was visiting with friends I left my dog behind to rest at the hotel. I stayed gone for quite a while, and in my absence Tobi(the lady of the residence) took the time to take my dog on a little walk and to play with her dog. This was extremely thoughtful of her, and in my eyes went above and beyond normal customer service. When I came back she informed that she had let my pup out, and had given him a dog biscuit. We talked for a little bit then I retired for the evening. The service they provided was excellent, and the vibe was cozy and relaxed! Gorgeous surroundings as well!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank blake r
BobandTobi, Owner at Sea Cliff Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Hello Blake & Thank you for your kind words..........it was a pleasure having you here & hope to see you on your next holidays. "Cypress" is welcome also.......I'll have to take him on another little walk! Sincerely, Bob & Tobi

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Trinidad wasn't looking its best in the rain, and neither was the Sea Cliff Motel. My pyjamas still smell musty.

Nice lady greeted us but she is running a no hoper. The place needs a mega refit.

There are many more lovely (and easier) places to stay along the coast (the only place we could find for dinner was the Casino).

Def do not book for your honeymoon (in my opinion).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathAcres
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were in the area for a family reunion this summer and we stayed at the Sea Cliff one night. We booked two rooms for four people. Both rooms were funky, dirty and smelly. Very disappointing. We were happy to get out of there the next day and on the road.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank JRosie59
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you really want to stay in this immediate area this may suit you if on a budget- there are some pricey fancy B&Bs around here, not much under $125 (in late Sept).
This place from the 50's hasn't been well-maintained. The room ceiling looks pretty bad and the shower door needs to be replaced, furnishings are not very nice, etc. On the plus side, they have a small frig in room and wi-fi. There's coffee and store-bought sweet rolls in the am. If it was $20-25 less I'ld say it was a fair value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NickUtah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
View Crest Lodge
#2 of 21 in Eureka
Emerald Forest Cabins & RV
9 mi away
Arcata/Eureka Holiday Inn Express

Been to Sea Cliff Motel? Share your experiences!