“Home away from home”

Fairfield Inn Tracy
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tracy
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I travel for a living and I consistently return to the Fairfeild Inn in Tracy. The property is managed extremely well and the staff consistently exceeds my expectations. When I travel it's very important to wake up in a location that is bight, warm and friendly. The Fairfield Inn in Tracy delivers on all accounts.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for the great review. I will share this with my staff today in our Morning Huddle. We are happy to hear we "Kept our Promises" with you.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed for just 1 night this week and I was so pleased to have changed hotels from a different Tracy hotel from the night before. The entire staff was sooo friendly - all smiles! It was within walking distance of restaurants (Applebee’s and BWW) and the nice front desk lady informed me that if you show your room card you get a discount on your meal! My room was very clean and had the most comfortable king bed- had a mini fridge and microwave. Breakfast was basic, but it was hot and tasted great. Only issue was finding the place!! Need a bigger sign off of the road - drove right by trying to find it! Was very easy to hop right on the highway towards SF in morning. When I am in Tracy again, I will make sure to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SneakerJamming
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. Also thank you for the 4 Stars I will share your survey with my staff today and we are happy to see we "Kept our Promises".

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed 10 nights on the 2nd level, facing the carpark.
Pros:
- conveniently located just next to west valley mall & beside the freeway, with plenty of restaurants (American, jap, Vietnam, Italian, etc) and shopping. There are also target (inside the mall) & Walmart (just down the road) for necessities.
- very friendly staffs who greet us everyday with a smile
- room is clean, spacious and well maintained
Cons:
- can get abit noisy
- difficult to find on our first day (GPS not able to locate) and we had to call the hotel for directions
- room is very basic (no slippers & shower gel) and they do not provide bottled water in the room (you have to get from the recep counter daily)
- breakfast is simple & not much variety
- swimming pool looks "un-swim-able" with the weird colored water

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We try very hard to exceed our guest expectations in Service and Clean. I'm glad to see we kept our "Promises".

Tracy Fairfield Inn by Marriott

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My daughters and I stayed here this last weekend and had a very nice time. Our room was basic but nice and clean and front desk was more than friendly and very welcoming. We'd gotten settled before we discovered we didn't have a refrigerator in the room and when I requested one, I was told there weren't any she could bring to me but that she would be happy to move us to a room with one. Sort of a pain, but we did anyway and moved up one floor. Not a big deal and my rate stayed the same. Breakfast was basic but good. The pool was closed the first night for construction but open the next night. We didn't use it as we were too tired after a long day but it looked clean. The hotel was hard for us to find as it's actually in the parking lot of the mall and only a hand made sign with an arrow that we missed. There are a few restaurants in the same parking lot but I suggest going either for an early dinner or a late one as Olive Garden and Applebees were absolutely packed both nights. Or going to the strip mall half mile away, which is less crowded. We found a great little sushi place in that mall with no wait but every table taken the whole time we were there. We were on a research trip for my daughter's school project but if we ever pass through again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are so glad to hear "We Kept our Promises" with you. Again thank you for the 4 stars I will be sharing this with my staff today.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Your typical Fairfield Inn. Somewhat easy to find just off the freeway. Near shopping and restaurants. Nice clean rooms. What made it a very good stay was Christina at the front desk. We were weary travelers from the east checking in late and her smile and personality made us feel welcome. I will likely stay here again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and get a room on the backside of the hotel. That way you won't hear the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

I'm so glad to see "We kept our Promises". I will be sharing your survey with my staff today and Christina will get a gift for keeping our "Promises".

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking such great care of my family on October 13, 2013. We were staying at the Hampton Inn across the parking lot when our Catalytic Converters were stolen during the night (bye bye $1000 deductible - these parts have a $4400 replacement cost).

We had just checked out of the Hampton Inn when we found out about our car. We asked if we could stay another night and also get two adjoining rooms. They had already pre-assigned their inventory for the day and refused to accommodate us. It wasn't that they were fully booked, but they had put a group of business people in rooms that were adjoining and there weren't any adjoining left. The employee at Hampton did not want to take the time to move anything around.

Flustered, I walked across the parking lot to the Fairfield Inn. We were so graciously taken care of and the customer service was above and beyond my expectations. They hurriedly moved some things around in their inventory so that we could get an adjoining room. They called mall security to make sure they were aware of the theft (they were not yet). They lowered our rate to help us out, and since we visit family in Tracy often offered to honor that rate whenever we visit.

So thankful for your kindness. We will see you this weekend for a 5 night stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Wow- Thank you for the 5 stars. We are so glad to hear we kept out "Promises" with you. I will share your survey with my staff today. We look forward to keeping our Promises in your future stays.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotal was hard to find. It is in the grounds of the West Valley Mall about one mile from where our GPS placed it. We ended up calling them (imagine!) and they provided directions.

It is a good example of Marriott's bottom-end chain, with a basic quality room at a low price. Our room had a small sitting area just inside the door and beds further in. I find these hotels generally placed close to highways and this one too had a lot of traffic noise.

Breakfast (included) is also basic. The place is clean and the staff friendly. The only thing to mar our stay was an officious Manager who used a technicality to charge us $9 more than the reservation rate on our room. It was obvious that she had not received the memo on being accomodating to Marriott Elite members.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deryck60
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a reveiw. We did answer your request in changing your King bed to a room with two double Queen beds. We also spoke to your wife about the $9.00 difference in rate, which she informed my Manager that was fine. I'm so sorry we were not able to keep the same rate. On your next stay call me ahead and I will ensure we will take great care of you. I promise to keep my promise with you. Again thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tracy
0 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tracy
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Tracy
Best Western Luxury Inn

Been to Fairfield Inn Tracy? Share your experiences!