“A good nights sleep”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tracy
Running Springs, California
“A good nights sleep”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a older Fairfield but in very nice condition. It has been upgraded with a rather large LCD TV, very nice. I went to breakfast at around 7AM and the regular sausage biscuits we not to be seen, my only complaint. As a plus they had scrambled eggs and bacon! Also it is located near a mall and there are a few places to eat nearby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
East Coast
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed here for two nights when my husband & I had our travel plans disrupted by Hurricane Irene. So while he was back east without electricity and with a foot of water in the basement, I was comfy at the Fairfield Inn in Tracy. Since my stay was a last-minute reservation, I picked this hotel because it was very "cheap" in terms of Marriott points, which I used to pay for my stay.

As with all Fairfield Inns (I am a fan!) it was a nice room---clean and modern---with free wifi, free parking, and free breakfast. The hotel's location is really handy---there are shopping and restaurants within walking distance, and even better food (La Costa Taqueria) if you drive a little bit. I went for morning runs in the area, and found plenty of safe sidewalks for my running routes. All in all, a good deal!

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank HappyTraveler64
Tracy, California
Reviewed March 10, 2011

From the arrival to the departure the team of employees really care and go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lizbrown33184
Irvine, CA
Reviewed August 19, 2010

First off all, definitely google map this place or something before going. Technically, the address is on Naglee. But you have to turn into a shopping mall area and then make a couple of more turns between a Sonic and some other restaurants and go through their parking lots before getting to the hotel itself. And I didn't see a sign anywhere saying "Fairfield... go this way". I Google mapped it myself with satellite views and I still had a bit of a time finding the place.

But once you get there, you get a very clean, nice hotel with all the basics you really need. My family just needed a pit stop for the night before continuing on to the Bay Area, and this Fairfield did everything we needed quite admirably. Clean sheets. Queen-sized beds. Big shower. And a fairly well-off free breakfast in the morning that included do-it-yourself waffles, microwavable Jimmy Dean egg sandwiches, and hard-boiled eggs.

Like you'd expect from a budget hotel, the furnishings aren't of the highest quality. The TV was an old CRT and the color seemed off. The thermostat wasn't digital. But then again, we didn't really need these. The ceilings were very high, so it didn't feel cramped. The shower head and the bed itself seemed the same as I've had at Courtyards and Residence Inns. And the front desk staff were very personable, taking plenty of time to help us out without the frenetic busy-ness of a packed Marriott hotel. This trip to the Bay Area is something I think I'll be doing more often, and I would be perfectly happy to come back to Fairfield.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank DrHickenlocher
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Warm welcome at the reception allowed an early check in. The hotel is small yet the rooms are spacious and personal care is being taken to make up the room for the guests. Everything is just perfect and spot on once you are inside the room. Its very clean inside. The breakfast is complimentary and good. I stayed for a day and liked it for its personalised service and care. They have a tieup with the local taxi association and a cab is call away.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Sonu78
Grover Beach CA
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Its was a nice Fairfield Inn. The breakfast was good. Staff were great. Room was clean and nice. We stayed one day and were happy with the hotel.
Its a bit hard to find.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This is a standard Fairfield Inn, nice and clean, quiet, great mattress! The staff were very friendly and definitely aimed to please. Has an indoor pool and hot tub and it seemed that there were plenty of families around. It is located in a mall area, with lots of restaurants that provide discounts for hotel guests.
It shares the same parking as the Hampton Inn. The signage is terrible, and it took me 20 minutes to find the place. I even asked someone at a local restaurant and THEY didn't know where it was.
If you must have total darkness to sleep, I would recommend requesting rooms on the odd side of each floor. The even side face the Hampton Inn and there was a large security light and the heavier drapes don't close. Didn't bother me, but I could see someone having an issue.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tlbkwb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tracy
Hampton Inn Tracy
Hampton Inn Tracy
#1 of 9 in Tracy
Extended Stay America - Stockton - Tracy
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tracy
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop

Been to Fairfield Inn Tracy? Share your experiences!