“Clean, comfy, and super friendly!”
Review of Hampton Inn Tracy

Hampton Inn Tracy
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tracy
East Coast
“Clean, comfy, and super friendly!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here on our way back from Yosemite to SFO airport. We'd actually paid for another night at Curry Village tent cabins in Yosemite (see my unhappy review of that place) but decided to escape early and so on short notice, we found a room here. Yosemite is lovely, but after several nights of dusty, crowded tent-cabin life in Curry Village, checking into the Hampton Inn in Tracy was like entering an amazing oasis. Clean and comfy! The usual Hampton Inn perks: free parking, free wifi, free breakfast! The staff at this hotel were remarkable---they were really friendly when we checked in, and the following morning they remembered us, asked how we slept, and went way beyond the normal administrative stuff. I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 just because the Fairfield Inn across the parking lot is almost as wonderful and is a tad cheaper. (We stayed at the Hampton this time because the Fairfield was full.)

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel has the most comfortable beds that we have ever slept in. I am seriously considering purchasing one for my home. The breakfast buffet was worth the stay all in itself. It was bountiful and delicious. It saved us alot of money. The pool and fitness room were a nice touch as well. No matter where we travel, we always look for a Hampton!

Room Tip: Ask for specials
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Crockett, California
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I am in the area for a long term project and set up rooms for myself and employees last week, when I checked in the staff I came in contact with allready knew my name and that we would be here for a while. They did all they could to make my transition into my room comfortable. The bed is top notch, and the room quiet. I've stayed in alot of hotels in the bay area and this is proving to be in the top 5 on my list. Great Job and my Thanks to Jenifer the GM and all her staff. T.G.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need, U may just get it!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This hotel is clean. We had a problem with the fitted sheet not staying on, annoying. We could hear neighbors on both sides and above us. It took the staff a few minutes to respond to us at the front desk as we were checking out, it wasn't busy so I'm not sure why that occurred.

• Stayed January 2011
Torrey, Utah
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The Hampton is a little nicer and pricier than the hotels I usually stay at so I was interested to see how it compared. While everything was nice, clean and convenient I can't really see how it was much better than the better motels costing $30 less though I suspect the chain is reliable where you never know what you are going to get with the smaller places (unless you read Trip Advisor of course!)

The room was average size, king bed was one of those absurdly tall things but was very comfortable with nice sheets and comforter. The bathroom was large but had similar facilities to most motel rooms. There was a single serve coffee maker which worked fine.
Internet service was OK but not excellent, slowed down noticeably at times. Breakfast was very good with a hot selection of omelets and meat patties plus the usual toast/bagels etc. The hotel is located in a shopping mall which was actually quite convenient for restaurants and some retail stores which we walked to.
So overall was it worth the extra - not really, but I can see that if you want to take absolutely no risks it might be.
I'm writing this in the lobby/breakfast area after checking out and they were quite happy to let me sit here and work for a while.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank killer_bob
Arnold California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Have stayed at this hotel many times. We have not been disappointed. The manger Jennifer is great and always makes you feel like you are coming back home. Beds are very good. Great location
Laurie
Arnold Ca

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Richland, Michigan
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We spent the night here on the way from Yosemite to SFO. This was what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn - clean and good service. There was free wifi and hot breakfast included.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tracy
Fairfield Inn Tracy
Hampton Inn Livermore
Hampton Inn Livermore
#1 of 16 in Livermore
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Tracy? Share your experiences!