“Nice hotel that I would recommend to others traveling to the area”

Holiday Inn Express Tracy
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tracy
Alabama
“Nice hotel that I would recommend to others traveling to the area”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights while working in the area. I have no complaints at all and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mayaruinsonly
HIExpressTracy, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tracy, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We appreciate all the good things you say about us and are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Soquel, CA
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I've reached a point where I'm happy to pay for a night at an HIE in order to avoid the kind of noise, shabbiness, and stink associated with really cheap hotels..

However, there's enough of all those factors in this hotel to disqualify it. I ended up comparing it with another HIE in Willows, CA that is a bit further back from the freeway and a lot cleaner and newer . . . and the difference is enormous.

Given that the corridors here are stale, the external door near my room did not work, the front staff were not overly professional, and of course the road noise, my choice in is clear: go ahead and save a buck at a really cheap joint, or look for another one-cut-better place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kidkanektok
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Nice HI Express property with good, spacious rooms. Unfortunately we had the problem experienced by others that the eco-friendly AC shut-off meant the room heated up overnight.

This also had a secondary bad effect as the AC Fan when operating had masked the traffic noise in our room (301) which is nearest the freeway on-ramp. The noise of Harley's and trucks accelerating up the ramp from 4.30am woke us up and meant we had to restart the AC just to get back to sleep (one constant low noise rather than multiple high noises)

Not bad otherwise, but avoid rooms nearest the freeway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Porterville
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I've stayed at this location 6-7 times a year for the last 4 years. It's an older hotel with reasonable pricing and a convenient location. I'll address my concerns after the positives.
PROS:
*easy access to I5
*competitive pricing to other hotels in the area
*large rooms
*I've never called or gone in and found them sold out
*close to restaurants and shopping
*Microwave and fridge in every room.
* Standard HIE hot breakfast
CONS:
*Older hotel. they recently re-carpeted and the room doors don't close automatically anymore. This is a safety issue
*Really not geared to the business traveler. The wireless internet is hit or miss, sometimes it's easy to connect, sometimes you can't get on
*Room furnishings are not computer friendly. Tables are small kitchen tables and chairs are very low cane chairs, really a uncomfortable when working on a laptop.
* MOST IMPORTANT, SERVICE: the air conditioning unit did not work int he room I was given. I went to the front desk for a different room, and waited 5 minutes for the clerk to come back to the desk. He came back after I called the hotel on the cell phone and let it ring for a very long time. I was given another room ( 121) which shared a wall with the elevator, vending, and ice machine. The compressor on the ice machine cycles every couple of minutes making a noise clearly heard through the wall. As I arrived late in the evening I chose to tough it out rather than request a third room. And lastly, ( and this may seem petty), my status as a Priority Club Platinum member doesn't seem very important to this location. I've never been given or offered a room upgrade at the Tracy location.

If you're looking for a place to sleep during, on the way to or from a action, this hotel will fit your needs. But if you're a road warrior traveling on business it's worth it to drive another 12 miles to the Holiday Inn Express in Lathrop CA. It's newer and really geared toward making the business traveler comfortable while on the road. And lately it's the same price per night as Tracy.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 121, very noisy
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank lkm55
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We were traveling from southern California aiming for Sacramento one evening and lucked out finding this hotel. It was so nice, and so clean, and so quiet. They offered a decent breakfast with the room. This was a welcome oasis on a long trip for two weary travelers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Tracy, CA
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Breakfast was over the top with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes (a machine that you push a button for 2 to come out at a time), freshly made cinnamon rolls, hard boiled eggs, and much more in a nice big breakfast room with no signs saying don't leave the area with food. Upon arrival I also received a gift bag with snacks just for being a priority club member even though I had only made this reservation online an hour before arriving and used points to book it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed here one night for business. This HIE is no frills, a bit dated (no flat screens etc.), but it was clean, in good condition, and the service was fine. I would stay here again if passing through Tracy, CA

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tracy
Hampton Inn Tracy
Extended Stay America - Stockton - Tracy
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tracy
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tracy? Share your experiences!