“Great value on great Q”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #16 of 203 Restaurants in Tracy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The food is always delicious and the staff is always very friendly. Don't let the number of people in line discourage you as people seem to move through quickly and the food is well worth the wait. Join their P.I.G. club and get introductory freebies. Eat in and enjoy a rather eclectic, entertaining soundtrack. In the former Gover-nator, Arnold S., "I'll be back".

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our server was friendly and helpful. She wouldn't let us empty our glass before she brought us another.

I played it safe because of food allergies and ordered a hamburger. I know that you're not supposed to order a hamburger when you can order barbeque, but I did. They did a great job on the hamburger and my wife enjoyed her chicken sandwich.

We arrived at about 1:30 PM, after the lunch crowd and before the dinner crowd, so I cannot tell you if it's loud or anything else when they're crowded. Everybody was busily setting up for dinner, but several of the staff stopped during our meal to make sure we happy with our meal.

We'll go back here again. It was a pleasant experience and they staff couldn't possibly be any friendlier.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Deciding to go to Tracy the night before, we looked on trip advisor to see what restaurants had good ratings for lunch because we were going to spend the whole day there. Remembering that there was a place called Famous Dave's referred by a friend, we decided to go there for lunch since it opens around 11 A.M.

Arrived at Famous Dave's and was greeted by a friendly hostess. Quickly got a seat because we were the first customers and after 20-30 minutes we arrived the restaurant started to get packed. I would advise to go early.

If you haven't gone to any 10 locations( 7 in California, 1 in Washington, 2 in Oregon) you wouldn't know about the different sauces that they offer you to try with your food. The sauces were Rich & Sassy, Sweet & Zesty, Texas Pit, Georgia Mustard and Wilbur's Revenge.

They were all flavorful but some I didn't care for such as the Georgia Mustard because it contained vinegar which really threw off the original flavor of the sauce itself. I really enjoyed the Wilbur's revenge because it was created with habanero peppers and I like spicy food too. It was a great kick to add on top of the ribs itself. The Texas Pit was also good because of the smokey flavor that was mixed into the sauce and felt like it was designed to put on any BBQ. This is just my opinions on the sauces.

Now the food part. We had 3 people including myself, so we decided to order the Feast for Two. It is the same as the All American BBQ Feast but just have the size. It contained half slab of St.Louis Style Spareribs, half of a whole Country Roasted Chicken, Georgia Chopped Pork, potatoe Salad, mashed Potatoes, Famous Fries, Wilbur Beans, and Corn Muffins. We subbed the Coleslaw and Farm Fresh Corn for the Mashed Potatoes and potatoe Salad. Boy, the food was delicious!!! The spareribs had a lot of flavor because of the ingredients that they prepared it with; the chicken and chopped pork also had a lot of flavor too. The potatoe salad and mash potatoe were also delicious but with the Texas Pit sauce it was an extra delight. Fries, beans and the corn muffins were another delight. Usually corn bread that I have tried were dry and had a hard shell but this place had theirs moist and soft.

Another thing is that the food came out steaming hot, so whoever likes their food hot right off the grill then this is the place to go. Overall, this is a place that has a nice atmosphere and really great service but can get really noisy since the tables are really close together. Other then that, I give this place a 5 star restaurant. To conclude my review about this place I have to say that it surpasses Big Bubba's Bad Barbecue. Also it is a wheelchair access place ranging from the front door to the bathroom doors.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

they know the ribs are messy, including the complementary chips with a dippings of every hot sauce they have and the big roll of paper towels at every table. More pricey, but the ribs are worth it.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Tri tip was so so good. Corn bread alone is enough to make me want to come back here. Can't wait til he next time

1  Thank Stacylady