“Comfort food, good value but dont expect anything out of this world”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #8 of 207 Restaurants in Tracy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We’re not saying that we have the best family restaurant in town. We don’t need to — because our patrons say it for us! Inside our diner, you’ll find a bear-fully designed restaurant, along with friendly staff. And, of course, we offer a wide selection of the tastiest meals you’ve ever experienced. Visit us today for a fantastic time!
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We been here a few times. The value is pretty good compared to other places in town. Always have the Steak with eggs and it always fills me up. But dont expect over the moon food, its comfort food. Wife asked for medium rare but got something bordering well done for her steak. Next time she said she would ask for rare. But putting that aside we will be back, its good for the family and they give you plenty. One day we'll try one of their deserts.

1  Thank Pugwash1968

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were spoiled by another black bear restaurant in Monterey...we had been to the Tracy restaurant before but this time it was like stepping into the twilight zone...LOL!

Granted it was Father's Day but we went later in the afternoon! The girls asked for balloons which were prominently displayed at various tables. They used to have the black bear logo on balloons and you could get your choice of colors! Now no logos, and when one of my girls asked for a black one the server saiid she couldn't have that color! The rest I won't go into here except for the girls meals came with sundaes and it was poorly served ! The Monterey store had a tray of toppings to choose from for the sundaes and this Tracy store just brought out ice cream and chocolate syrup on them but no other choices:(

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Enjoyed a fine dinner with our elderly uncle while in CA. Portions are large. Take home necessary for him. Eat there twice. Very satisfied.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was with a group of about 30 on a Bus that booked ahead. The service was outstanding, The Restaurant was clean, busy and service prompt. The portions were large and everyone was well satisfied with the quality and quantity. The attentive staff was eager to please so it came as a great disappointment when I informed the waitress that the Trout with pecan was overcooked and smothered in oil. She removed my plate and asked if I wanted something else. As I was with a party and we were limited to time I refused. I was still charged for the meal!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you have not had a chance to try a Black Bear diner your really missing out. It's diner done right, good food, HUGE portion sizes and a homey feel that keeps you coming back.

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!