“Certainly One of the Better Diner (Mini-Chain)”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #5 of 194 Restaurants in Tracy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Devil's Gate Ranch
“Certainly One of the Better Diner (Mini-Chain)”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nothing fancy, but good food. The staff has generally been very willing to provide for our requests.

Visited January 2013

Tracy, California
“Best place in Tracy for weekend breakfast.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Black Bear Diner has been a family favorite for nearly 15 years. We started going to Black Bear in town of Shasta and we have watched them grow since. With a business expanding this quickly usually the lose their originality, in Black Bear's case they haven't. Large servings at a great price. We go at least once a month with family or friends.

Visited December 2012
Turlock, ca
“Some positives EXCEPT the food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Traveling back from the bay area today 1/3/13, we decided to take a break in Tracy and have dinner at the Black Bear Diner. Entering the place we saw the bakery with very nice looking bakery goods for sale. The place was clean and decorated very nicely. Our server was excellent and was great with refills ect. We had dinner my guest having the chicken fried steak and I had the fish tacos. Enough food, but BOTTON LINE, the food was rather tasteless and a lower grade coffee house quality. OK, total bill about 30 bucks + tip, but under no circumstances would I ever return. The food in quantity was there, but really just tasteless. In their defense, I really expect good food and I know how to prepare it as well. So Trip advisor friends, I am giving this one a pass. Infact, I'm giving it a BIG PASS. Hope this helps your decision when you are driving through Tracy and are hungry for some good food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DaveTurlock_ca
Vista, California
“Better than I had hoped for a chain”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had rather low expectations for this chain restaurant on a recent stay in the area but I was happy to find that the food and service was quite good. It has a chain feel but the staff was quick, friendly and got our orders out quickly. I especially enjoyed their chicken fried steak as it was both tender and tasty. We will visit another Black Bear on our travels.

Visited December 2012
Menasha, Wisconsin
“Bear Hug”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This us the third visit to a Black Bear Diner and the second time here in Tracy. Breakfast has always been flavorful and the portions large. The servers are prompt and courteous and the food was delivered in a prompt manner. Don't think twice, just stop in.